Author Topic: Sarah Binnersley. Please find her some parents and brothers and sisters  (Read 2965 times)

Offline janetmp

• RootsChat Member
  • this is my pic
    • View Profile
 ??? ??? ???

Sarah Binnerley married Thomas Wagg in Sheriffhales 18 August 1784.

I acn find absolutely nothing about her parents or whether she had any siblings.

I have found Binnersleys in the Sheriffhales area who were born in the late 18th century but I cannot link them to
 Sarah.

Please can any help me to get started on her tree?

I would be so grateful.

:) :) :)

Jan ???
wagg,merchant,drake,pike,wellings,latham,
shropshire,somerset,dorset,hampshire,warwickshire,gloucestershire,worcestershire,
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www. national  archives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Binnersley. Please find her some parents and brothers and sisters
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 July 06 07:34 BST (UK) »

Hi Jan

You will need to contact the Shropshire Archives for this one http://www.shropshire.gov.uk/archives.nsf as they hold the Sheriffhales parish registers on microfilm.

The site gives full details of their Research Service, although as you have an exact date it might be worth you ringing them.  They will do a 10 minute look up for free :)  BUT, if my memory serves me correctly, marriage records in the 1700's won't show the father's names :(.  You will need to search for Sarah's baptism record.

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline janetmp

• RootsChat Member
  • this is my pic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 July 06 09:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jan.
I was thinking I would buy the Sheriffhales fiche from SFHS. For £4 it looks a bargain and Cere has a fiche reader
Thanks for the advice. Archives are already tracking down a misdeameanant of mine in Shrewsbury gaol !!!!

??? :( :) :) :) :) :)
shropshire,somerset,dorset,hampshire,warwickshire,gloucestershire,worcestershire,

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 July 06 12:46 BST (UK) »

I live in Shrewsbury Jan, and do Archives look ups, but as the school holidays are nearly here it will be difficult for me to go.  I don't think the staff would appreciate 3 noisy children :(

However, once they're back in school in September I'll be able to continue so let me know if you need me to check anything out for you.

I have to say I love the place and have spent many hours searching......... ;D

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline janetmp

• RootsChat Member
  • this is my pic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 July 06 12:53 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi there, Thanks so much Jan. I will see what archives can do and then get back to you. It is very kind of you.

Jan

Offline Gillmp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 April 15 22:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Jan. I've seen that you once posted for information on Sarah Binnersley. Her husband, Thomas Wagg, is my Gt Gt Gt Gt Grandfather, on my father's side, making Sarah my Gt Gt Gt Gt Grandmother. My maiden name was Wagg.
I have just restarted doing my family tree and I have no information on Sarah either.
I wondered if
a) We are related
b) If you have any info on Sarah now that you wouldn't mind sharing.

Many thanks
Gill