Author Topic: Migrants from Isle of Bute Scotland  (Read 8020 times)

Offline OperaTenor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants from Isle of Bute Scotland
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jill,

This is Jim Boydston. I just joined this group so we could perhaps work together on our family histories.

To All: I am also a descendant of James Muir of Barone Park. I visited the farm he built in Michigan in 1897, and named for Barone Park on the Isle of Bute, just this last weekend. I can hopefully post photos here.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline IanMurray

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants from Isle of Bute Scotland
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 May 17 22:05 BST (UK) »
MURRAY family of Donald Campbell MURRAY, painter & galzier of Montague St, & later Crichton Road & his wife Jane JOHNSTON
  • Family of son George MURRAY moved to Glasgow then Dundee, many children, one (my branch) to Worcester, England
  • Family of daughter Jane Lindsay Campbell MURRAY moved to South Africa
  • Family of son John Johnston MURRAY moved to Sydney NSW, Australia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.