Author Topic: Slater family Reading  (Read 3523 times)

Offline jean Sandra

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Slater family Reading
« on: Friday 29 October 04 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,

an ancestor of mine, William Slater of Reading and his wife sarah of Kidderminster were having their children baptised at the Old Meeting House, Independent or Protestant dissenters in Kidderminster between 1801 and 1804.

I wondered if anyone had come across a Slater family from Reading about this time?

I know it's a long shot but I don't have much else to go on.

Many thanks,

Jean Sandra
Lancashire:
     Holland, Rothwell, Speake, Mills,                 Byrne, Healey, Cowburn, Thorpe,
Wolstencroft, Boulton, Holt
Cheshire:
       Daniel, Eccles, Challenor,Holt, Swift, Boulton, Thorniley, Sharman, Wilson, Hindley,
Dawson
Derbyshire:
       Sharman, Cocker, Coates, Swift, Thorniley
Cornwall
        Stephens, Bate, Cock
Leicestershire
         Dawson
Worcestershire
          Mills, Slater, Dukes
Berkshire
           Slater
Ireland
            Byrne
Staffordshire

Offline donnar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Slater family Reading
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 February 05 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I know that is was a few months ago that you wrote this forum message I am replying too, however I have just received some certificates and found that I have a relative from Berkshire who is a SLATER. 

Emma SLATER was born abt 1820 in Reading,  she married William Earnest FRITH (also from Reading) around 1840 ish.    They had five children before Emma and one of her daughters (Rose) were drowned in the Princess Alice disaster on the Thames (in 1878).

Unfortunately I have no other SLATER information yet, but I will start further research on it, and was wondering if Emma Slater matched any information you may have.

Thanks & Regards,
Donna
Sydney, NSW,
Australia