Author Topic: Clifford Wilkinson dob 29/05/1907  (Read 2530 times)

Offline scarbro

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Clifford Wilkinson dob 29/05/1907
« on: Thursday 20 July 06 17:11 BST (UK) »
I know that my mother's first husband was born Pleasley Mansfield. He married my mother 1935 Richmond North Yorks. He left the army November 1945. I have searched for his death but cannot find one that matches his date of birth. Any help/suggestions gratefully received. Could his dob have been aproximate on his death certificate?
I need a death certificate to access his army records
Scarbro
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
Re: Clifford Wilkinson dob 29/05/1907
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 July 06 17:25 BST (UK) »
I am afraid it all depends who was the informant on the death certificate. A close relative should have a good idea of his date of birth, if the informant was a neighbour, carer etc. then it could easily be a guess.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 July 06 17:29 BST (UK) »
Another thing: it is my understanding that service records are only released to, or to someone with the permission of, the deceased's next of kin.

I hope that is not a barrier to your progress.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline scarbro

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 July 06 17:33 BST (UK) »
No it isn't a problem as his son has already given me permission. The army records have been found and all the paper-work has been done. CW seems to have lost contact with my mother and his sons when he left the army for one reason or another
Scarbro

Offline scarbro

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 July 06 17:36 BST (UK) »
Dear Jaywit
Thank you for your reply. Can now look seriously for certificates that fit an age around the time of his birth rather than exact.
Scarbro

Offline scarbro

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 July 06 11:46 BST (UK) »
Dear Arranroots and Jaywit
Just to let you know someone emailed me with the date of Clifford's death- 3rd Q 1982 Lewisham so I have sent for the certificate
Cheers
Scarbro

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 July 06 13:55 BST (UK) »
That's great - good luck with your search!

;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)