Author Topic: Margaret Thomas born about 1826 in Llanwenog  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Bilko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Thomas born about 1826 in Llanwenog
« on: Monday 24 July 06 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to obtain information on a Margaret Thomas who was born in Llanwenog around 1826. I am particularly trying to obtain info on her parents and brothers and sisters. Information I already have is according to her marriage certificate ( John Jenkins Llanybyther ) is her fathers name was Thomas Thomas and he was a farmer.

Thanks Huw

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Thomas born about 1826 in Llanwenog
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 July 06 23:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Huw,
In 1841 there are some possibilities but by no means conclusive.......

HO107-1375-31, Llanwenog, Enum Dist 3, P20/21.   Address - Hafod Derwyn (looks like)
Margaret Thomas, 15, FS, Y
Head of household is James Rees, 46, Farmer, Y

HO107-1375-31, Llanwenog, Enum Dist 3, P10.   Address Tycarn (or Tycam)
Thomas Thomas, 55, Farmer, N
Elizabeth Thomas, 55, Y
Elizabeth Thomas, 20, Y
Margaret Davies, 25, Y
Joshua Thomas, 15, MS, Y
David Thomas, 13, MS, Y
Benjamin Davies, 11, MS, Y

Could fit, problem is if Margaret Davies was a married daughter then the plot doesn't work.   Otherwise I could not find a Thomas Thomas, farmer, with a daughter Margaret in Llanwenog.

Cheers Dave

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Bilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 July 06 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave

Thanks for the info the first one is a possibility but still can't understand or find her parents unless they moved out of Llanwenog or even passed away before 1841.

The second one is definitely not her because that Margaret Thomas was born in 1816 and married a Thomas Davies on April 30th 1841 but sadly passed away 24th May 1843 I spent a few hours in the NLW last week.

Once again thanks a lot Huw

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 July 06 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Huw,

I didn't think the second one was your Margaret Thomas.   I was trying to link the 2 references together i.e. the first may be your Margaret in service away from home, the family group may be her family (obviously minus her).

That plot only works if the Margaret Davies in the family group is NOT a married daughter, 'cos they are unlikely to have 2 daughters called Margaret  :).   Unfortunately in 1841 they did not give relationships so you have to guess.

The Thomas Thomas I listed was the only guy of that name that seemed to fit and there were no families I could see with a 15 year old daughter Margaret and a father named Thomas

Cheers Dave.

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 July 06 14:22 BST (UK) »
I just noticed you were in the Nat Lib recently, do you go often?   I was just wondering if I posted a request............ :)

Cheers Dave

Offline Bilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 July 06 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave

The only thing I can now think of is possibly Margaret was born in Llanwenog in 1826 and the family moved away possibly to the Llanybyther area where she later married. Hope it makes sense.

Cheers Huw

Offline Bilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 July 06 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again Dave

First and only time so far was last week and chased our second family for around 3 hours only to hit the brick wall when Margaret married Thomas Davies. Will return to the Nat Lib when i get chance but living in Swansea might restrict me a bit.

Cheers Huw