Author Topic: Crook Farm Baildon  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Raels

• RootsChat Member
  • Jack Caleb Moss Aust 2/2 Pioneer Battalion
    • View Profile
Crook Farm Baildon
« on: Tuesday 25 July 06 01:10 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if any one knows if crook farm in Baildon still exists. I have found it on a map and am looking for photos of it my grandfather John Bentley Lancaster lived there listed on his birth cert as place of residence he was born in 1907 on 5 Oct his father John Ellis Lancaster Mother Harriett...thank you Raels
Moss/ Maass - Australia/Germany?
Jones Australia/England
Lancaster Australia/England
Hucklebridge Australia/England
 Breeze ?
 Cotton ?

Offline dave the tyke

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Crook Farm Baildon
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 July 06 10:03 BST (UK) »
Raels Hi,
I think Crooks farm is the one above Shipley Glen that is a caravan site, I visited a caravan there in the 60's and I think it was still open 10 or so years back.
Best regards
Dave
Bland, Greenwood Bland, Ellis, Benn, Woodhead, Priestley, Illingworth, Lightowler, Platts, Boys, Bradley, O'Hara, Hall<br /><br />Areas -  North Bierley, Northowram, West Bowling, Horton, Shelf, Allerton, Queensbury, Haworth, Ovenden, Halifax, Luddenden, Midgley, Elland, Littleborough

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Raels

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 July 06 13:31 BST (UK) »
;D thanks Dave I have just found this also. you wouldn't remember if the original farm house is still there...I was so disappointed as I found it on a map as crook farm then i was given the web site and it was a caravan park :-[ thank you for replying to me
Jones Australia/England
 Breeze ?
 Cotton ?

Offline dave the tyke

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 July 06 13:46 BST (UK) »
Raels Hi,
If I get time I'll pay a visit next week. I'll see if I can get a Photo for you
regards
Dave
Bland, Greenwood Bland, Ellis, Benn, Woodhead, Priestley, Illingworth, Lightowler, Platts, Boys, Bradley, O'Hara, Hall<br /><br />Areas -  North Bierley, Northowram, West Bowling, Horton, Shelf, Allerton, Queensbury, Haworth, Ovenden, Halifax, Luddenden, Midgley, Elland, Littleborough

Offline Raels

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 July 06 14:02 BST (UK) »
your too kind Dave, that will be fantastic, I'm sorry i cant offer much help to you but haven't been doing this very long about 8 months, but I am learning with help from my friends at roots chat   :D
Jones Australia/England
 Breeze ?
 Cotton ?

Offline dave the tyke

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 July 06 12:25 BST (UK) »
OK Raels it's your lucky day.
I visited the caravan park and spoke to the people in reception.
Said I was doing some family history and could I photo the farmhouse. The guy was a bit suspicious so I said the people who lived here were called Lancaster.
He said " Oh J.B.Lancaster, go ahead"
There was a lot of building work going on but I took a photo of what looked like the original building. Then the guy asked me to come into reception.
There were several photos on the wall of the site in a bye-gone age. One had a sign on the hillside J.B.Lancaster.
The site was a campsite way back when the photos were taken, I would guess 1920's
I took photos of the ones which I knew would be of interest and the Guy gave me the aerial photo, the farm can be just made out at the lower edge of the campsite.
So I guess you should be pleased with that.
I'll have to split the photos
Best regards
Dave

Offline dave the tyke

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 July 06 12:30 BST (UK) »
I guess these may well be your relatives

Offline dave the tyke

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 27 July 06 12:34 BST (UK) »
and the aerial view

Offline Raels

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 27 July 06 13:12 BST (UK) »
:o oh my god Dave you actually got photo's. i don't know how to say thank you this was one of my goals and you made it happen, i was so excited i was shaking when I was looking at them and didn't realize I would get emotional  :'( looking at them. I never knew my grandfather as he was killed in an accident this is..oh my...i just cant explain it thank you from the bottom of my heart
Jones Australia/England
 Breeze ?
 Cotton ?