Author Topic: mcpherson/grant  (Read 18734 times)

Offline maryjmac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mcpherson/grant
« Reply #27 on: Monday 10 October 16 01:15 BST (UK) »
Hi....Just read your query about Christina Grant/William McPherson.
Christina Grant was the daughter of John Grant who was the son of Lady and Lord Grant. It seems that she ran off with William and was consequently ruled out of the family. Their son was John Grant McPherson who married Mary McNicol Bruce.
My father researched this intensely in 1980s and after visiting and viewing parish records put the marriage of William and Christina in 1839.
I am a direct descendant by the way !

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline maryjmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 10 October 16 15:59 BST (UK) »
John Grant Mcpherson was my great grandfather. His parents were William McPherson and Christina Grant. Christina was the daughter of John Grant who was the son of Lord and Lady Grant. It seems Christina ran off with William, hence the lack of records. She may have been disowned by the Grants ? May have been pregnant with John Grant Mcpherson ?
John Grant McPherson had 8 children, one of whom was James Alexander Bruce McPherson ( my grandfather )

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline maryjmac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 10 October 16 16:03 BST (UK) »
Christina Grant and William Mcpherson were married in 1839 at Aberlour. They had 4 children, one being John Grant Mcpherson. Christina was born in Archiestown.