Author Topic: Margaret Faloon - Armagh  (Read 4067 times)

Offline ajcarroll

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Margaret Faloon - Armagh
« on: Wednesday 02 August 06 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have been tracing my family history for a short time and now am trying o search for The Faloons/Feloons of Armagh. I have been trying to search for any trace but cant seem to come up with anything.

I am looking for a Margaret Caroline Faloon born probably around 1838/1839. Her parent names on her Australian marriage certificate were John Feloon and Helen (surname was smudged but looks vaguely like Hun). John's employment was farmer.

Any help anybody could give me would be most appreciated or better yet just a steer in the right direction will be brilliant as I am visiting Ireland very soon.
 ;D

Thanks!
AJ
Casey, Carroll, Harrison, Standing, Renfrew, Greenhill, McTavish, Crow, Agnew, Merrion, Needs, Goddard, Matthews, Buffham, Falloon, Mills, Chamberlain, Donoghue,

Offline aljepeka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Faloon - Armagh
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 October 06 00:12 BST (UK) »
Check out the Richhill area and surrounding townlands as I know of the name Faloon still living there. It is a village between Portadown and Armagh.
Barbara
HARVEY-Drumnagoon/Seagoe/Portadown
McMURRAY,GIBSON,FITZSIMMONS-Crossmacaughley/Crossmacahilly/Moyraverty/Portadown
WOODS-Knocknamuckley/Portadown
CARDWELL,MORELAND-Dromore/Dromara/Waringstown
BOWEN-Tipperary
FREEBURN-Tartaraghan/Drumcree/Derrylard/Portadown

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 October 06 09:23 BST (UK) »
According to Griffiths Valuation, there was a John Faloon in the townland of Cloghan, parish of Kilmore around 1864 (the surname Hunter also appeared for the parish - possibilty maybe for your 'Hun').
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline ajcarroll

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 October 06 15:02 BST (UK) »
wow thanks for all your help. Will keep posted if I find anything.

Cheers

Andrea
Casey, Carroll, Harrison, Standing, Renfrew, Greenhill, McTavish, Crow, Agnew, Merrion, Needs, Goddard, Matthews, Buffham, Falloon, Mills, Chamberlain, Donoghue,

Offline gloss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 April 07 22:48 BST (UK) »
I have a Mary Falloon who came from the Kilmore area of Armagh. She was born in about 1842. Her parents are listed as Joseph and Mary Faloon and she came to Australia in 1863/64.

Regards,
gloss