Author Topic: LOOKUP OFFER ... Mormon Immigration Index  (Read 3354 times)

Offline ziksby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bye and bye our little clocks will cease to tick
    • View Profile
LOOKUP OFFER ... Mormon Immigration Index
« on: Sunday 06 August 06 01:35 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of the above index on CD and can search from just a single name, though birthdate and date they left UK helps.

The Mormon Immigration Index is a database of many of the 94000 immigrants who came from various international ports to the United States.  Information in this database includes the age, country of origin, ports of departure and arrival, as well as the approximate number of Saints and nonmember passengers on each voyage and the company leaders assigned to each voyage. 

The Index also contains transcriptions of autobiographies, journals, diaries, reminiscences, and letters of approximately 1,000 immigrant converts who came to Zion between 1840 and 1890.  These immigrant accounts are linked to over 500 known LDS companies and provide a composite account of those who crossed the Atlantic and Pacific oceans and then by land, rivers, and rails to gather to Zion. 

Roger
Alfrick. Worcestershire - Jones<br />Bidford on Avon, Warwickshire - Pettifor, Bennett<br />West Felton, Oswestry - Mansell

Offline leprechaun

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKUP OFFER ... Mormon Immigration Index
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 August 06 10:32 BST (UK) »
 Hi Ziksby, Have you any data for immigration from Ireland alot of my ancester's went from Queens town Ireland.
                               Leprechaun :)

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKUP OFFER ... Mormon Immigration Index
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 August 06 11:30 BST (UK) »
Roger,

Oh boy. I was getting ready to send my brother to the Nat'l Archives. Still might, so much to look up, but I am on the brink of a major breakthrough with one branch and it's so hard to wait. I am on a hunt for when Marzolf (Martzolf) Heintz (b. @ 1826) and Caroline (Carolina) Kochersberger (b@1827) came to the United States from Alsace (I beleive). I am not sure if Marzolf and Caroline were married when they came over. I believe they came some time around 1847-48. Honestly, I can't even guarantee they came over together. Not much help I know. They settled in Buffalo, Erie County, New York and were married in about 1849 or early 1850, as they are together in the 1850 census.

Let me know if you need more information and thanks for anything you can find.

Best,
Kathleen

Moderator comment - please post any look up requests on the request board as a separate topic.  Thank you
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA