Author Topic: TICKELL - Tavistock  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Ronnie6492

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: TICKELL - Tavistock
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 August 06 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have been having a look and there is an entry on the FamilySearch(.)org web site for John Hingston Tickell. There is an entry covering his baptism/ marriage and death, along with his parents details. There is also a contributers name.
There is also an entry on Familyhistoryonline as a stray.ie
John Hingston Tickell baptised 1/2/1824 married 3/7/1852 to Susannah Vigars..arrived May 1870 aboard Crusader at Melbourne Victoria.

Worth a look,  Ronnie
fisher, brookes,pridding(cheshire/flintshire)willcocks,crocker, cockrill,wilcott(plymouth,fowey,bristol),oliver(cornwall)

Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline beeminnie

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 01:34 BST (UK) »
 thanks again Ronnie--I have never heard of family history on line.

I found another couple of sites--none of the listed a birth date---one lady I am very wary of as I keep finding wrong details--like my husbands mother's name spelt wrongly.

I appreciate your help.

Ta
Barbara

Offline Ronnie6492

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara, had a good morning at the Records Office. This is what I found.

John Hingston Tickell baptised 1/2/1824 at Plymouth St Andrews
Father William Tickell - a smith : mother Ann.

John Hingston Tickell married  Susanna Vigars 3/7/1852 at the Parish Church Tavistock.

John aged 28 bachelor   Blacksmith  of Tavistock  Father William Tickell  Blacksmith
Susanna 21 spinster  no occupation of Tavistock Father Arthur Vigars Labourer
Witnessed by William Monk and William Gale.

I then found a marriage for:

William Tickell - a Smith and bachelor of this parish and Ann Hingston of this parish- spinster in the presence of John Hingston and Mary Ann Tall (Thats what her name looks like)

20/4/1823 St Andrews parish Church Plymouth.
(Hingston had been transcribed as Kingstone on the computerised data base but having looked at the original I am confident that it is Hingston- the H was a bit curly but there is no mistaking the witnesses name)

Hope this helps. I found my Richard Tickell too, his father was Roger so I will have to see if they tie up anywhere.

Cheers Ronnie :D
fisher, brookes,pridding(cheshire/flintshire)willcocks,crocker, cockrill,wilcott(plymouth,fowey,bristol),oliver(cornwall)

Offline beeminnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 August 06 23:26 BST (UK) »
Ronnie I love you  :-*   You have no idea how much I have looked for his birth etc.

Many  many thanks

Barbara

Offline Ronnie6492

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 August 06 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Barabara it shows that you were right to be careful about IGI- the birth and marriage were the same but they had a different maiden name for the mum. If you feel you would like that to be confirmed let me know and when I go in next week, I will print off a copy and send it to you. My Richard was also East Stonehouse and his dad Roger  was the town crier - both on marriage cert and 1841 census, which I thought was great.

Bet they are related , time will tell. Roger was from Boyton Cornwall/Devon border,

:D Cheers Ronnie

Offline beeminnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 18 August 06 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hallo Ronnie  again thanks for everything.   I am typing this after watching an English serial on the TV  called Wire in the Blood   --real creepy. need to unwind after that.

I would love a printout --is there any way I can pay for them. 

The Vigars family also come from the border of Devon and Cornwall.  Just about on the Tamar river near Launceston.

My email is 

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 February 15 18:29 GMT (UK) »
i have james tickell born 1826 stonehouse married eliza hawkins