Author Topic: POOLE  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Goorikidz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
POOLE
« on: Sunday 31 October 04 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Looking for the birth of Jeffrey P00LE in Shrewsbury, as he stated that was his birth place on his marriage in 1838.  I think his parents were Jeffrey and Mary Poole nee LLOYD.
I know there are a couple of other Jeffrey POOLEs born in Shropshire, and I would like any contact with anyone researching them.  The others were born in Rowton and Atcham.

Thanks
Janette
BONUS: Meath Ireland
BULL: Warwickshire
CANDLER: Essex;
CHILDS: Hampshire; IOW
COLES: Worcestershire, & Newport Wales; Australia
GAUDIN: Nottinghamshire; Australia, New Caledonia, France
HIGGERSON; Middlesex;
LLOYD: Montgomeryshire Wales
LITTLEWOOD: possibly Cornwall
POOLE: Llanymynech Wales, Sussex, Shropshire, Oswestry, Warwickshire, Australia;
POWELL: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
RAINBOW: Worcestershire
RAYNER: Wivenhoe, Essex, Australia
WILLIAMS: Monmouthshire;

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: POOLE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janette

Do you have a copy of the marriage certificate?  If so, it will tell you his age and then you can work out from the year of marriage, his year of birth (roughly - he may have just lied about his age?)

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Goorikidz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: POOLE
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 November 04 05:30 GMT (UK) »
Jan

I have a church record of his marriage and it states that he was full age and his father was Jeffrey, a farmer.  According to his death certificate in 1854 his age was 46 years - that  puts him born 1808.  I haven't been able to find him in church registers that I have searched.

Janette
BONUS: Meath Ireland
BULL: Warwickshire
CANDLER: Essex;
CHILDS: Hampshire; IOW
COLES: Worcestershire, & Newport Wales; Australia
GAUDIN: Nottinghamshire; Australia, New Caledonia, France
HIGGERSON; Middlesex;
LLOYD: Montgomeryshire Wales
LITTLEWOOD: possibly Cornwall
POOLE: Llanymynech Wales, Sussex, Shropshire, Oswestry, Warwickshire, Australia;
POWELL: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
RAINBOW: Worcestershire
RAYNER: Wivenhoe, Essex, Australia
WILLIAMS: Monmouthshire;