Author Topic: HENSON family  (Read 30049 times)

Offline stuart_rippon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: HENSON family
« Reply #27 on: Friday 03 February 06 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Absolutely Brilliant -  that ties it all in very well I have Rebbecca living in Cowbit in 1851 with son James born 1844 she was also married in 1844 and yes I have confirmation that her father was Thomas from the marriage.   I suspect the James ch:1844 son of Rebbecca Henson is my James does the use of her maiden name mean he was illegitimate?   If your thoughts on Thomas and Catharine's son Thomas are correct that would give me the following:-

Thomas        =       Catherine
                                   1780                    1780 - 1785
                                                    ¦
       ---------------------------------------------------------
       ¦                                    ¦                                 ¦     
Thomas = Ann Wells          John                      Rebbecca = Michael
abt 1821    1824                  ?                             1821         1820
              ¦                                                                      ¦
     Mary Ann 1844                                                 James 1844
     Rebbecca 1848                                                  Catherine 1846
                                                                             Mary 1848

I also have Eleanor CH 1817 and Alice Ch 1828 as daughters of Thomas and Catharine  from the IGI

I have a Rebbecca registered in 1847 in Oundle XV 321 June qtr which is likely to be Thomas and Ann's daughter Birth certificate would confirm.

I have now found John and Rebekah Cook married in Great Giddings on 4 May1777  This sounds a very likely candidate for Thomas's parents I guess - they appear to have two other children born in Gatton Eleanor 27 Feb 1778 and Rebbecca 27 Apr 1783

I'll keep looking

Interestingly when I discussed the Hensons with my father he suddenly remembers Aunt Maud and uncle Jack Henson were farmers in Ramsey or wayboys and that my Uncle Jack Rippon went to live with them as there was no room for him at home.   Dad remembers visiting and collecting bread, meat and eggs regularly during the war.  My Uncle jack was actually Christened John Herbert.    So it may be worth trying to trace John and Thomas a little further to find this link.

I've not used the BVRI before for research but it looks a good tool so I've just sent for a full set.   While I wait can you see Rebbecca in 1847?
Daw,Rose,Rippon,Rippin,Allen
Kirk,LE FEVRE
Brighty,Ballentine,Croxford,Henson
Gildroy,gilroy,gilleroy
bilss,claydon,downing,doubleday
hornby,green,hooks,Oliver,Patten,Pattern
Vickerman

plus others see website  https://www.rippon.me.uk/gedview

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 03 February 06 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stuart

Yes, the absence of a father's name on an IGI christening entry usually signifies illegitimacy. Rebecca 1847/8 is not on the BVRI.

I think your descendancy chart looks right, and is how I would interpret what we've come up with so far.

I find the BVRI very useful, although others disagree! It depends on the county. Hunts which is badly covered on the IGI has a number of additional parishes included in the BVRI which I find invaluable. I also use the Hunts Marriage Index a lot as it covers most Hunts parishes - this is available from the Hunts FHS on fiche, priced very reasonably. Not having a fiche viewer I have to resort to a 20x magnifying glass and put up with the greasy nose prints on the fiches!

Regards

David

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline stuart_rippon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 23 February 06 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Well the BVRI was worth the investment although I wish I had found out that you can get it from  the UK  rather than having to buy from the US.

I have found Thomas's birth father John and mother Elizabeth Born Glatton 1780 - has to be my man but then I go off the rails again.    I can't find any more children to John and Elizabeth or there marriage in the BVRI or the IGI.  There is another John in Glatton married to Rebecca but they have children that Span Thomas' birth so this sounds like a separate couple.

I can't find Thomas' Marriage either have no idea where than has gone I wonder as his wife was Irish if they were married out of the country.

Any ideas welcome
Daw,Rose,Rippon,Rippin,Allen
Kirk,LE FEVRE
Brighty,Ballentine,Croxford,Henson
Gildroy,gilroy,gilleroy
bilss,claydon,downing,doubleday
hornby,green,hooks,Oliver,Patten,Pattern
Vickerman

plus others see website  https://www.rippon.me.uk/gedview

Offline helenf

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 09:17 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find out more about the Hensons who were concentrated around the Kimberley area of Nottingham.  Largely mining stock.  Trying to cross-check if any were involved in mining accidents.  Any pointers, much appreciated.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 10:03 BST (UK) »
As on the face of it there's no connection with the Hensons from Hunts you'd be best advised to post on the Notts board, adding dates for the period you're looking for.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline helenf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 29 August 12 10:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks, David.  That makes sense!  I'm new to this site so just finding my way around.

Offline Sandra65

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 11 April 14 17:19 BST (UK) »
My family are Hensons in Peterborough
My Grandad was Jim Henson married at the time to Florry Henson they had four girls
June Girlie Shirley and Miriam Henson Resided in Walpole street and Victoria street and around that area .

Offline may

• RootsChat Extra
  • Love to chat about genealogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 17:48 BST (UK) »
Sandra, can you tell me a little more, where they originated from or their parents names? cannot tie in at the moment.

Best wishes

May
looking for Toon in NW Leics. Henson from Peterborough and Leicester, King in London.  Would be happy to chat to others with the same interest in genealogy

Offline Sandra Saira Glenwys Marsh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Life is just a meer illusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 16 October 16 13:43 BST (UK) »
I recently found they originate from Ireland the  name (  Ling ) Henson Jim henson came from kings Lynn to work railroads resided later on in walpole street peterborough .my grandma's surname was  Alice
MARSH
LING HENSON
ALICE
AND
HORROCKS