Author Topic: O'Grady with Dooley/Ryan connections  (Read 26624 times)

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'Grady with Dooley/Ryan connections
« Reply #18 on: Friday 04 January 13 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Jack  :) some really interesting names there, Margaret keeps coming up time and time again....My Mom said that my Dad and his youngest brother used to visit the farm of the Dooleys when they were teenagers from Dublin, he fondly talked of Peg Dooley which Im guessing would be the shortend name of Margaret . I will take all these names down as they are all in the right area. I have just spent an hour travelling along the google maps of Borris up to Ballaghmore and Roscrea and passed a few buildings that could be connected, I remember my Dad telling me that they got bored when visiting there as it was only one road ....I can see what he means now, so different when you can just hop into a car ! I may have found something on the 1901 census , a Patrick Grady aged 71 , a farmer with wife Margaret aged 56 , children Anna, Patrick John and Daniel aged between 14 - 24 .  The address on the cenus is Ossory , Roscrea, House 7 in Cloonagh....this could possibly be my Great Grandfather ....if I could be sure of the wifes name ....being my Grandads Mom ! I have sent for a birth cert. which may or may not be my Grandads born in 1884 borris in ossory but registered in Roscrea, will have to wait and see when it arrives. Thanks again Jack  :)
O'GRADY - DUBLIN,TIPPERARY,& ENGLAND
DOOLEY - TIPPERARY, CO LAOIS
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
HARRIS- CLARE, CORK, & ENGLAND
BLANEY, DOYLE FURLONG -  WEXFORD
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 04 January 13 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Ooh Jack ! just noticed one of the addresses says cloonagh !!
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline samlouise01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 May 15 02:45 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

this is a stab in the dark, but my grtx3 Grandmother was a Hanorah Dooley. I cannot find a birth record for her but her census record whilst married in Dublin shows her as being born in Tipperary, I was wondering if you have any records of her in your files? she was supposed to be born in or around 1847.
Westmeath - Charles/McCormack/Cullen/Shaw/Kenan

Dublin - Moore/Sweetman/Giles

Kildare- Morrin

Tipperary- Dooley

Sussex- Guile/ Turner

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 02 May 15 12:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry  :( I don't have the name Hanora or Hanoria in any of my records. Did you try tracing through her marriage ?
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline samlouise01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 02 May 15 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply,

I have delved a bit further, i got her marriage cert which states her father's name as Jerimiah, (sic) and so i have pinpointed them down to a family that lived in the Roscrea area, going from land records. I then found a census with Jerimiah living in a place called Cumber in Kinnitty, which is now called Ballybritt, Co. Offaly, but as you can see from the proximity from Roscrea to the county borders, my search is proving difficult! lol Jeremiah was born in 1812 and his father John is listed on the census as being born in 1781 and his wife Sarah (nee Carrol) was born in 1782. Sarah's mother is fortunately listed as the "mother in law" on the census giving the Carrol name. but Hanorah's birth record is still alluding me!

Mentioning the Carrol's, Have you seen the literature on the relationship between the Dooley's and Carrol's? its a very good read. If true, and all dooley's are related to Carrol's, our ancestor signed the declaration of independence!

Kildare- Morrin

Tipperary- Dooley

Sussex- Guile/ Turner

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 02 May 15 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

My Dooleys are also from Roscrea , I know they had property in Roscrea town one being a hotel type building and also a shop . I havnt read the literature on the Carrols would be interested , where did you find it ? I am going to try and send you a PM where you may find further help .

Carol
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 03 May 15 19:46 BST (UK) »
Sam, what was Hanorahs married name  ???
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline samlouise01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 03 May 15 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi carol, her name would be sweetman, living in dublin married to peter

Kildare- Morrin

Tipperary- Dooley

Sussex- Guile/ Turner

Offline maymay666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 31 May 15 15:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, at first I though you might be related but not. Thomas Dooley might of been related to your dooleys not sure but he married Frances Ryan, her first name really was Teresa but always called Frances. Lots of my cousins used the second name as their first so when you are searching try to just put in the last name you might get luck. Of course there are lots of dooleys and Ryans listed for Laos which is Queens county. Tipperary is in Kings county.

My cousin Marian Dooley owns the Birr House it is a Historic building she is married but not sure if she would want me to post her name here. I can see if she knows if the Dooleys you are searching is related. Roscre is the town where they live. Mary Martin