Author Topic: Crocker/Crockett travellers  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Michael12139

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Crocker/Crockett travellers
« on: Sunday 13 August 06 20:01 BST (UK) »
My father Edward Crocker was born on the Oxleaze, Gloucester 1911 and was fostered out shortly after.  during his lifetime he lost track of his family.  Are there any travelling Crocker or Crockett (there may have been a name change) out there.
Mike Crocker

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Crocker/Crockett travellers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 August 06 20:19 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat :)
Have you got Edwards birth certificate?
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Michael12139

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 August 06 20:24 BST (UK) »
Yes, I do have his birth certifcate, what would you like to know about him.  Mike

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 August 06 20:28 BST (UK) »
Mothers maiden name and fathers name and occupation and address then we may be able to find them on 1901 census before they were married.
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Michael12139

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 August 06 21:10 BST (UK) »
Mother's maiden name was Reohorn (I have been in contact with a number of Reohorns).  Fathers name was Charles 'engine driver on a steam roundabout'. He was registered by mother Margaret, The Oxleaze, Gloucester formerly Reohorn who made her mark'X'  To confuse things I also have a 1908 birth certicate of a Charles Henry Crockett, father also Charles Henry, occupation 'travelling showman' registered by his mother Maggie, formerly Reohorn who made her mark 'X'.  Furtheremore a 1906 marriage certificate of Charles Henry Crockett to Maggie Reohorn both fathers 'showmen'  Maggie makes her mark 'X' and also a 1912 death cert  of Maggie Crockett, wife of Charles Crockett, Glamorganshire 'driver of traction engine'
Mike