Author Topic: William AULT  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Yonner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William AULT
« on: Monday 14 August 06 18:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Listers

I'm looking for any info around my 4x GG William AULT born 1796 in Hollington DBY  he married a 'Mary' about 1820 .... his first 4 children are shown as born in Hollington so I'm summising he married around there too ...but just where I'm not sure ...any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Alan
GYTE MOTTERAM WATERHOUSE SHIRTE KIRK LONGDEN

Offline scault

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: William AULT
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Check Brailsford as my Ault's appear to be from Brailsford.

sue Ault

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: William AULT
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 14:19 GMT (UK) »
It seems to me you have a number of options...........The only WILLIAM AULT from Hollington was baptised at Longford 29.06.1790..and anyone born Hollington would have been baptised at Longford..Hollington being a Township in the Parish of Longford.
He did NOT marry a "Mary" at Longford.....
I have found two different versions of the William Ault 1796..one who moved to Cheshire..and one who married a girl from Willenhall Staffs..Wolverhapmton way............both say Hollington1796..so both have copied their data from the same erroneous source........
The previous answer suggests Brailsford as a birthplace..very possible but not if you're happy he came from Hollington.............but I'm going to check...........I'll be back!!
Derek
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....