Author Topic: William crowden and Hepzibah Gaunt/Bergont  (Read 3883 times)

Offline cherylkale

• RootsChat Extra
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
William crowden and Hepzibah Gaunt/Bergont
« on: Tuesday 02 November 04 04:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I've been looking all over, but can't find a marriage of William Crowden and Hepzibah/ Hepzeber  Gaunt/Bergont, nor can I find the birth of their son George in 1851. I had thought the marriage would have taken place in Cambs or Hunts, but we can't find anything. At this point I think he could have been anywhere!

Can anyone help find this marriage?

Thanks for any assistance you can give. They were my gggrandparents, and the above records would break through the brickwall to further generations.

Cheryl Kale

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: William crowden and Hepzibah Gaunt/Bergont
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 November 04 00:10 GMT (UK) »
With a name like Hepzibah I wonder if they might have been travellers or gypsies? I've heard before that they were good at baptising kids but not at registering them with the authorities.

Just a thought and something to consider.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cherylkale

• RootsChat Extra
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: William crowden and Hepzibah Gaunt/Bergont
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 November 04 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

I've found his birth record, as well as what I think is hers. Both families were in their respective areas for long lengths of time. The only "travel" I have found is that of William and Hepsey, who immigrated to the USA.  They definitely didn't marry in the Cambs/Hunts area; my only other thoughts could be London area, since family supposedly owned a broom factory/brushmaker factory.

I threw this qx out to see if anyone may have access to a record I may have missed.

Thanks very much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Cheryl