Author Topic: National Memorial Card Index  (Read 6855 times)

Offline philedj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
National Memorial Card Index
« on: Monday 21 August 06 10:12 BST (UK) »
I have over 6,000 memorial cards in this Index, covering all counties. I may have a card for one of your ancestors. I can check any names but please let me know which county they were living in when they died, since the Index is arranged by county (and is not computerised!).

For a look up request please start a new topic in the CENSUS and RESOURCE LOOKUP REQUEST board.

Phil.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: National Memorial Card Index
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 August 06 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hiya Phil and welcome to Rootschat!

What a brilliant offer!

How far back do the memorial cards go to? My ancestors had a habit of moving about a lot so I will have to let you know who was where and when

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)
<br /

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philedj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: National Memorial Card Index
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 August 06 11:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I should have said that the Memorial Cards cover the period 1845 to 1990 approximately, although I have very few from the earlier years or later years.
                                                                                                      Phil.