Author Topic: Daniel MacGregor - Resolis  (Read 22589 times)

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel MacGregor - Resolis
« Reply #27 on: Friday 05 March 10 05:25 GMT (UK) »
I will commence this topic under new heading, in  the hopes of catching someone's eye.  Ruth

Offline Jan13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 09 October 11 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheila

Haven't had a chance to get back to the family tree for a while.   We had a small reunion last weekend (the cousins from Archibald's side - John & Elizabeth McGregor's son) and I was wondering if you would possibly have any old photos of either your side of Daniel/Donald McGregor or any of his siblings. 

I am still trying to track down Jessie/Jemima.  There is a witness by the name of Jessie McGregor to my grandfather's (Archibald) wedding certificate (John & Elizabeth had Archibald who married Beatrice Maud Minnie Greentree).

If you have any old photos that would be great.  I will send you shortly a photo of John McGregor & Elizabeth Blaik and children but I want to check that I have named the children in the correct order first.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Janet

Offline mary77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 18 December 14 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Dear Janet,

I believe that your grandfather Archibald and my grandfather John were brothers, the sons of John McGregor and Elizabeth Blaik.  Do you happen to have any information on when John arrived in Australia, and on what ship?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mary

Offline mary77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 20 December 14 07:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janet,

Great to hear from you. I'm unable to respond to you on page you sent your message. My grandfather was John George (three siblings in between him and your grandfather). I am in Queensland. Another means to share personal info would be very good.

Mary

Offline George Mcgregor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 03 April 16 10:58 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to trace my great grandfather, Daniel Alexander MacGregor, who was born in Resolis in 1853, the son of John MacGregor and Ann Ross. He was a blacksmith who later moved to the Shetland Islands and married Elizabeth Sinclair. Any info anyone might have would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sheila
sheila I know the person you know as your relative, my great grandfather lived with him at Culicudden where he died and was buried thereabouts, I know from my research  that Daniel then moved to the shetlands but I cannot find where my greatgrandfather is buried, the name of where he lived in culicudden is in my records is as you state, my grandfather name is john mac cregor he came to Australia and worked the gold mimes at gympie, married had many children and I am one of the few ones left who is interested in the past. and of course they came from jemimaville further info would be appreciated please keep in touch George mc. they dropped the a thank you if you can help me.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 04 April 16 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hi George,

Welcome to RootsChat, hopefully Sheila will reply very soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sheila44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 16 October 16 17:30 BST (UK) »
sheila I know the person you know as your relative, my great grandfather lived with him at Culicudden where he died and was buried thereabouts, I know from my research  that Daniel then moved to the shetlands but I cannot find where my greatgrandfather is buried, the name of where he lived in culicudden is in my records is as you state, my grandfather name is john mac cregor he came to Australia and worked the gold mimes at gympie, married had many children and I am one of the few ones left who is interested in the past. and of course they came from jemimaville further info would be appreciated please keep in touch George mc. they dropped the a thank you if you can help me.
[/quote]

Hello, George,
My apologies for the delay, but this is not a board I have been on for years! Was your ancestor the John McGregor who married Elizabeth Blaik?  I knew that one branch went to Australia, and mine went to Shetland.  John and George's father, John, died in Cullicudden, so I assume he is buried in the local churchyard, but I can't say for sure. I checked his death certificate, but it doesn't provide any info on burial.
Kind regards,
Sheila
Smith - Clydebank, Herefordshire, India
Cawdell - London, Hertfordshire, Ireland, India
Parsonage - Worcestershire
Mcgregor - Ross and Cromarty, Shetland Isles
Sinclair - Shetland Isles
Bartlett - England, Cape Breton
Dauphinee - Montbeliard, Cape Breton, Lunenburg
Power - Wexford, Newfoundland