Author Topic: Llanllwch burial - Charles Charman 1854  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Colin Charman

• RootsChat Member
  • Charmans, Charmans and Charmans - anywhere anytime
    • View Profile
Llanllwch burial - Charles Charman 1854
« on: Tuesday 22 August 06 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm looking for details of the burial for Charles Charman.  His death was registered in 1st qtr 1854 in Carmarthen Reg District, and his last child was baptised in Llanllwch in 1853, so thats probably where he's buried.

I'd like to know how old he was when he died please, and whether his wife Elizabeth charman is buried with him.

I believe he started life in rural Surrey, found his way to Llanfihangel y Creuddyn, married and started a family there, then moved on to Llanllwch.

Regards, Colin Charman
(Moderator comment: email removed to prevent spamming and other abuses - please use the Pm system to contact individuals)

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Margaret Richardson (nee Robinson)
    • View Profile
Re: Llanllwch burial - Charles Charman 1854
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 November 06 17:36 GMT (UK) »
A little gem for you from my visit to Carmarthenshire archives today (and a little excursion)

Saw your request and looked up Charles's burial in Llanllwch parish registers.

Charles Charman buried Jan 8th 1854 aged 29 years

I was going to look for his wife but one of the staff recommended going to the church as it was a couple of miles away, so i did!

Here's a picture of his headstone for you, his wife is not buried with him.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br /><br />Swansea (Glamorgan) - Reynish/Johnson<br />Yorkshire/Durham - Pinkney/Richardson/Robinson/Gill<br />Wiltshire - Hibberd<br />London/Surrey - Clark<br />Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire - Spencer, Broughton, Sprigg, Martin<br />Cornwall - Sowden<br />Herefordshire/Shropshire/Wales - Worrall<br />Essex - Saville<br />Dorset - Atkins, Govier<br />Devon - Wakely, Parsons

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 November 06 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Just realised can't attach image, let me have your email by PM so i can send you the picture.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br /><br />Swansea (Glamorgan) - Reynish/Johnson<br />Yorkshire/Durham - Pinkney/Richardson/Robinson/Gill<br />Wiltshire - Hibberd<br />London/Surrey - Clark<br />Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire - Spencer, Broughton, Sprigg, Martin<br />Cornwall - Sowden<br />Herefordshire/Shropshire/Wales - Worrall<br />Essex - Saville<br />Dorset - Atkins, Govier<br />Devon - Wakely, Parsons

Offline Colin Charman

• RootsChat Member
  • Charmans, Charmans and Charmans - anywhere anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 November 06 07:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello David, thanks for your note. My address is colin#obj.org.uk, replacing the # with the usual symbol.

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 November 06 19:00 GMT (UK) »
sent by email

David