Author Topic: traynor family from around cullyhanna  (Read 7494 times)

Offline chas trainor

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
traynor family from around cullyhanna
« on: Sunday 15 February 04 21:18 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for any relatives that i may have in ireland i have very little knowlage of my family other than my father was francis traynor he had brothers called john, patrick. james, edward and i think he had a sister called may who lived in birmingham his fathers name was james traynor and his mothers maiden name was burns

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: traynor family from around cullyhanna
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 December 04 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chas

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline melscot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hello friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 06 15:26 GMT (UK) »
chas
 what dates are you looking for.  My grandfather Patrick Traynor came from Cullyhanna.  I think the name originally was spelled as Trainor as I have found family in the USA.

Would be happy to share information.  I am originally Scottish but living in England

Mel
Mel

Offline FionaLorraine

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 April 06 08:21 BST (UK) »
I have some Traynors who married into my Mcaleavey/Burns family from Mullaghabawne - quite close!

A Michael Trainor married a Margaret Burns and had a James 1898 Whitewell Belfast - we think they may be linked [not there in 1901 census].

A Margaret Burns married a Patrick Treanor [father Jams] 1896 Forkhill.

Can you give us some more information - like when your father would have been born as I have a lot of Trainor/Traynor records.  Also do you have any family names that are associated.  Some of my Traynors ended up in Birmingham.

Fiona
Palmer Website: www.davyboynorth.f2s.com/SamPalmer/00]SamPalmerStory.asp
Palmers, Barrs and McGarrys from Antrim/Ballyrobin/Muckamore/Crumlin
McAleaveys from Forkhill Co Armagh and then Whitewell/Glengormley
Traynors/Trainor from Larne then Whitewell/Glengormley also Glasgow

Offline melscot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hello friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 April 06 17:10 BST (UK) »
My grandfather was born in 1871 and had a sister Bridget not found any other siblings.  His father John Trainor married Margaret McGahan but I do not have the marriage details.  This is all the infomraiton I have.

Mel
Mel

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 March 09 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Melscot-
James Trainor born 6 June 1867 Crossmaglen district, Co. Armagh (see IGI at ww.familysearch.org)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline emeraldmaid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 March 12 12:22 BST (UK) »
My great great grandfather was Patrick Traynor b. c. 1836. He moved to Glasgow where he married Jane McMillan / McMullen in 1860 and had several children before travelling to Philadelphia in the mid 1870's. He died there around 1882. Patrick was sometimes called Peter. His brother James b. c. 1838 also moved to Glasgow and married Catherine O'Rourke in 1864. James & Catherine had three children in Glasgow before they also moved to Philadelphia, where I believe they had a few more children. James & Patrick's parents were John Traynor and Margaret O'Hare. John was a blacksmith. I found birth notices for two children Terence b. 1846 and Cathy b. 1845 born to John Traynor and Margaret O'Hare in Lower Creggan.

I think that John Trainor married to Margaret McGahan is their brother and my research into my Traynors has led me to Ummericam (Johnston) in Dorsey, Armagh.

I have church parish records of four children born to John Traynor & Margaret McGahan - Frank b. 1855, Maryann b. 1857,  Bidy b. 1862 and Jas b. 1867.

Offline jarvmobile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Does anyone have any information on a Mary Traynor/Trainor from Armagh, born 1863 - 1866 (she was 26 in the 1891 English census). Her father I think was John Traynor and she moved to Bootle, Lancashire where she married a John Reynolds (1863-1939).

Thanks!