Author Topic: Cefn Fforest  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Gilbern

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cefn Fforest
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Morganllan
Thanks for the information I will study it and see how best to proceed. Gareth said you were also interested, if so which branch and how can I help.
I also have quite a lot on Lewis of the Van family which I was researching for a lady from Atlanta USA. I found a full draft pedigree roll at the Glamorgan Archives which needs to be seen. At the moment she can't quite figure out whether her line is from Lewis of the Van or the Lewis's of Llanishen, whichever it looks like she is related to Prichard's of Collenna through the female side and Ann Prichard.
Regards
Gilbern

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gilbern  :)

I'm not related to the family! I am one of the Moderators for Glamorgan board, and was very pleased to welcome you to RC. Now that you have the required postings you will be able to exchange email addresses with others, if you wish to share pedigrees or other info.

Best Wishes
Morgan

Offline Nights

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 May 13 22:23 BST (UK) »
Just as a matter of interest the Lewis` of Llanishen are descended from the Lewis` of Van and went on to live in The New House in Thorhill Cardiff which is now a hotel.:

This shows the link

From Van to Llanishen House Cardiff then on to The Newhouse Thornhill

Edward Lewis` son Thomas Lewis built his family home at Llanishen in Cardiff simply called Llanishen House or later The Old House. Relationship Chart showing the Lewis family moving to Llanishen House then to The New House: Sir Edward Lewis of the Van to Wyndham Lewis of Greenmeadow and Pantwynlais Castle JP DL via Llanishen House and The New House. Wyndham Lewis of Greenmeadow and Pantwynlais Castle JP

Sir Edward Lewis of the Van - Birth about 1568 / Married Blanch Morgan
Sir Thomas Lewis of Llanishen - Son of Edward Lewis of Van
Gabriel Lewis of Llanishen - Married Elizabeth Carne / 1614 Sheriff of Glamorgan
Thomas Lewis of Llanishen - Married Eleanor Johns / 1629 Sheriff of Glamorgan
Gabriel Lewis of Llanishen - Married Grace Wyndham / Son Thomas Lewis
Thomas Lewis of Llanishen – Married twice Elizabeth Van & Elizabeth Morgan
Thomas Lewis of Newhouse - Death 1764 Married Elizabeth Thomas / 1757 Sheriff of Glamorgan.
Rev. Wyndham Lewis of Newhouse and Tongwynlais / Birth 1735 – Glamorgan - Death 1781 (Age 46)
Wyndham Lewis MP of Newhouse and Greenmeadow JP DL / Birth 6 October 1780 Death 14 March 1838 (Age 57) -- Mayfair, London – Widow Mary Ann went on to marry Benjamin Disraeli

If you have anymore info I would be interested

Brian

Offline ian ameyrick

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 April 18 14:58 BST (UK) »
Cefn Fforest farm is in Treharris and was owned by the Pritchards now my family own it.
I lived there as a boy when it was owned by Elias Evans