Author Topic: 1861/71 Census - HONEYBUN  (Read 21871 times)

Offline deborahclilly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861/71 Census - HONEYBUN
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 March 10 22:43 GMT (UK) »
I am currently doing my family tree for Newfoundland, Canada.  I have recently found that I have a GGG Grandfather who was Robert Honeybun from England.  He married and had a daughter Hannah in Gooseberry Island, Bonavista Bay, Newfoundland.  I also have placed a Simeon Honeyburn in Placentia Bay in 1764.  Does the Robert of this family who is 6 moved to Newfoundland?

Offline wallis7090

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 March 10 05:45 GMT (UK) »
If you could be a bit more specific about this Robert, i.e. date of birth, father, etc. it is very likely that between the family researchers we can give you some more information.

Very interested to see mention of a Simeon.  Not a Christian name I can recall in the Loders/Powerstock family.

Offline deborahclilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 March 10 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Robert Honeyburn or Honeybun was born abt 1818 in England.  He came to NFLD to fish in Bonavista Bay. His wife was Mary Anne.  They had a daughter Hannah.  I can't find any marriage certificate for Robert and Mary Anne so it is likely that she may also be from England. She was born about 1831. Hannah was born about 1851. 

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Debbie

Offline miggins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie

I've done a quick search on the OPC for Dorset, Abbotsbury and have found under baptisms 1813-1840 a Thomas and Hannah Honeyburne who had Levi (bap. 27 Oct 1818), Mary Hardy(bap. 5 June 1815) and Robert (bap. 4 Apr. 1817).   Could this be the Robert you are looking for?   I've not been able to find the marriage of a Robert to a Mary Anne around 1849/51'ish but as the women usually married in the parish where they were born it will be difficult to find.   Do you know where Mary Anne was born?

The Robert you found, aged 6, is probably the brother of my Gt. Grandmother, Harriet Bowditch Honeybun.   Unfortunately, I do not know what became of him although I have found the marriage of a Robert to a Sarah Louisa Legg reg. in Bridport 1880 (5a 655).

Anyway, hope this tiny bit of info. is of help to you.

Regards

Liz

Ashmore, Kings Newton, Derbyshire. Briers, Melbourne, Derbyshire. Beardsley, Melbourne, Derbyshire. Dawson, Melbourne, Derbyshire. Poxon, Melbourne, Derbyshire.
Bartlett, Evershot, Dorset. Honeybun, Broadwindsor, Dorset. Cleal, Dorset. Wills, Somerset/Dorset.
Loud, Devon/Dorset. Gillett, Dorset. Withers, Berkshire.

Offline deborahclilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 19:21 GMT (UK) »
I believe this would be him.  He married a Mary Anne Killigrew.  I towuld make sense as in Newfoundland they name thier daughters after a grandmother or another female relation such as an Aunt. I will let you know when I verify this.

Thanks
Debbie

Offline deborahclilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Miggins;

Could anyone could verify if there was a Robert Honeybun or Huneyburn born about 1823 in England, I believe to be in the Dorset area.  I had originally thought he was born about 1818 but two other pieces of information now places him as to have been born 1823.  I am trying to work this out. I have come to find some names as Theresa, Susan and Sarah Honeyburn in Newfoundland in the early 1800's but I haven't made any connection to being related to my GGG grandfather.

Thanks
Debbie

Offline GeraldS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 03 April 10 23:33 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Susan Honeyburn married to James Pritchett in Gambo, Bonavista Bay, NL

Offline scruncheons

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 13:47 BST (UK) »
What do you know about Job Honeyburn(son of John and Susanna) and named with his five siblings in Susanna's will of 1823? One Job Honeyburn in the period 1815 to 1840 approx. was working in the Red Cliff area of Newfoundland and trying to straighten out ownership of property in Loders. During the period 1805-1825 six Honeyburn children were born in England or Newfoundland(No births or baptisms found) but parish records exist of their marriages all taking place at or near Red Cliff,Newfoundland. These six Honeyburns were : 1)Joseph married Ann ?  2)Maria married James Long  3) Susanna married James Pritchett(my ggp) 4) Sarah married James Holloway 5) John married Elizabeth Humby 6) Mary married William Holloway.
 Is this your Joseph?      Regards

Offline wallis7090

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 13:59 BST (UK) »
This is a different Honeybun/bourne line, but I have some information on them, they can be traced back to the area with roots going back to the 1500's.

Have you been in touch with Martin Farr?  He can email you all the information, presented beautifully. 

Susannah's will is available via the internet, mentioning her six children (she was widowed when the will was written).  I'm in the middle of doing some building work at the moment, so nothing is where it should be, and I can't lay my hands on it at the moment.  The spelling of the surname was more like Honeybourne, so the easiest way to find it is to seach "Loders wills" on the National Archive website, then if you trawl through you'll find it eventually.  It wasn't very expensive to buy online, then it will be sent to you electronically almost immediately.  Jill