Author Topic: Anne HEISON m. 1748, Hanmer  (Read 15609 times)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Anne HEISON m. 1748, Hanmer
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 30 January 07 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Peter  :)

The Hanmer registers are a sorry sight for that time. Lovely Paul has promised to inspect them with a fine tooth comb  :)

I've decided to write up some stuff about the social context of the pair and their family/connections which might enable me and anyone else who's interested to delve deeper into this strangeness.

I'll post it here when I've finished.

Gadget

Steady on Gadget the "lovely Paul" think of the reputation
you know what the Pubs are like in C/Q. How about the mean and moody or who you lookin at.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 30 January 07 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Paul

I meant 'lovely' in the sense that you had offered to go looking for stuff for me about my mystery family.

Her descendents were capped for Wales  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 23 September 16 13:15 BST (UK) »
A long time ago thread but I've just found a possible!

A really poor record - faded over time, etc. The entry on FindMyPast has it as Ann daughter of Joseph and Martha Hicson, Whitegate, Cheshire in Oct 1721.

I've played around with the entry to see if I could bring it up more - see what anyone thinks.

Gadget

(every so often, I go back and do a search for those impossibles!)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 23 September 16 13:33 BST (UK) »
Just found another record for Whitegate  - giving parents as Ralph and Marth Huson and Nov 1721.
Think one must be BTs and one parish

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 23 September 16 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget
I know I have mentioned different names in the past but on your second post another name below your possible baptism there is a Sarah Hixson and there are two Ann Hixson christened in Cheshire in 1731.
Sorry if you have looked at this or I have missed it in doing a quick review of this old post.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 24 September 16 13:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

Thanks for your continued interest  :)

I must confess that I gave up on Anne until yesterday and something made me think of her again and start looking. The problem with this area (as you know) is that people could be from about 4 different counties. I'http://cdn.rootschat.com/forum/Smileys/classic/smiley.gifm slowly going through the records but, so far, can't find a definite. If Anne Heison (or whatever her surname) existed, then she must have had parents/siblings and I just can't find any likely marriages or deaths either.

Ison/Hayson, and other more common names are coming up so I'm making some lists.

Any further ideas gratefully received.

Thanks again.

Gadget

Adde - I see that I entered Roger's baptism year as 1728 - it should be 1724!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 24 September 16 15:43 BST (UK) »
I might be getting somewhere - then again, I might not.

Found a baptism entry that was showing on FindMyPast, Ancestry and Familysearch for an Anne Heison, 21  May 1720, Norwich, but no parents.  Ancestry gave the church (luckily, as Norwich had lots of churches!).

Discovered that Familysearch had  copies of the originals online. This one's parents were Thomas and Mary. Now to see if she survived or married someone else!

Added - also still exploring the 1728,  Wellington,  Is(s)on