Author Topic: MUMBERSON / MILBURN - Tom or Thomas, Daniel, Sarah  (Read 4779 times)

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
MUMBERSON / MILBURN - Tom or Thomas, Daniel, Sarah
« on: Thursday 04 November 04 22:01 GMT (UK) »
I have a Tom Mumberson who was born in Cumberland about 1860 to Daniel Mumberson and Sarah Milburn.    Tom married Jane Robson either in Cumberland or the US.  Jane sailed to the US in 1887.  Don't know when Tom emigrated.  They had two daughters, probably born in Nebraska, the US - Sarah Milburn Mumberson and Mildred Robson Mumberson.  The family settled and are buried in NE.   Tom may have had a brother, John, and a nephew, Thomas.   Thomas may have settled in Canada.

Tom's father, Daniel, was born in Harriston, Cul and died, was buried, or both in Aspatria.   Jane Robson was born and raised in Aspatria.  Her parents, Andrew and Margaret Blackburn Robson, emigrated two years before she did.  Jane went with her sister, Anne, and brother-in-law, Issac Davidson, all living in Aspatria at the time.  Isaac was born in Castle Carrock.   

Although, Tom is not a direct relation, only by marriage, I am interested in finding out all I can about him.   Thanks for anything someone can find.  RedFox
CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz