Author Topic: BELL - George (born abt. 1720), PRESTLEY - Elizabeth (born abt. 1801), William  (Read 4752 times)

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
I have two persons who married into my family who were born in Ireland - Donegal County, I believe.

One is Geoge Bell, born about 1720.  His daughter, Agness Bell born about 1765, was mother to George Bell Leeper.   Agnes was married to James Leeper (born about 1769) about 1799 in PA.   The Bell name is used through my family for the next several generations to today for both men and women; sometimes spelled Belle.  

George Bell Leeper was married several times.  One of  his wives (first one?), was Elizabeth Prestley.  She was born about 1801 in Ireland.  Her father, William Prestley, was also born in Ireland.  Again, I'm not sure of the county.   Have seen the name spelled Priestley also.   George Bell Leeper (Luper?) and Elizabeth Prestly were married about 1822 in Ohio, I think.  George Bell Leeper was born in PA.  George Bell Leeper had a daughter, Mary Ann Leeper (Luper) who married James Lisle, my great, great, grandfather.  I believe Elizabeth was her mother.

Would love to learn more about both families - Bell and Prestley/Priestley.

Thank you in advance for any info you may have.  RedFox

CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz