Author Topic: Link: Kelly's Directory for Monmouthshire  (Read 14767 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Link: Kelly's Directory for Monmouthshire
« on: Monday 16 February 04 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire for 1901

Quote: "It is the 1901 edition for Monmouthshire that is the subject of this project, which lists all the Private Residents, Professionals, Clergy and Tradespeople including farmers. It belonged to my grandfather who, was as village Postmaster, baker and confectioner."
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~familyalbum/
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Peter Edwards

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Kelly's Directory for Monmouthshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 November 22 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kelly can you help I am trying to get a plan of graves in St Johns Burial ground in Garndiffaith I am trying to find my Grandparents Grave also of my 2 Uncles and aunty I know there Buried there should and I assume another  Aunty that Died age 82 in 1994 That died in Garndiffaith Also trying to find Records of them There names as follows Albert Edwards died in 1953 Lilian Florance Edwards died 1961 Frank Reginald Edwards 1918 Annie Edwards1922 and William Henry Edwards1926 thank you Peter

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Kelly's Directory for Monmouthshire
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 November 22 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kelly can you help I am trying to get a plan of graves in St Johns Burial ground in Garndiffaith I am trying to find my Grandparents Grave also of my 2 Uncles and aunty I know there Buried there should and I assume another  Aunty that Died age 82 in 1994 That died in Garndiffaith Also trying to find Records of them There names as follows Albert Edwards died in 1953 Lilian Florance Edwards died 1961 Frank Reginald Edwards 1918 Annie Edwards1922 and William Henry Edwards1926 thank you Peter

Kelly's Directories were Trade Directories that were published from the 1830's for various towns and counties.
They can usually be found in libraries and archives.
The founder, Frederic Faustus Kelly, died in 1883!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)