Author Topic: Knowles workhouse babies  (Read 10236 times)

Offline becca.morgan

• RootsChat Member
  • Always searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Knowles workhouse babies
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 19:33 GMT (UK) »

But I suppose you know that!  ::)
Hagan, Hagon, Yarham, Pawley, Digby, Knowles, Coker, Coates, Jordan, Jarvis, Williamson, Lake and Hall in Erpingham district and surrounding areas, Norfolk. Morgan, Wogan, Thomas, Phillips, Morris, Davies in Pembrokeshire, Wales. Stevens, Davies, Cave and Tingey in Walthamstow area, London.

Offline Wend0602

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 20:32 GMT (UK) »
PLEASE can anyone advise me how I can contact Becca Morgan as I am following the same family line and would love to be able to,talk to her about the information she has already gained about our shared family ancestors focusing on Laura Knowles and Frederick Yarham. many thanks to anyone who can help.  Wendy

Offline Mike Knowles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 November 15 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rebecca
We seem to have been searching the same knowles line. I know this is an old post but I'm mainly interested in Ellen Knowles and her son Frederick who were both in the erpington workhouse in 1901. She left and eventually married William Hazelwood in 1909. I believe her son Frederick may be my grandfather. Frederick knowles who married Arletta Futter in gt yarmouth and lived in Martham. As one of your posts says she was a servant at a farm and in the next census was back home with possibly 3 children and no husband. All I have to go on is that frederick turned up in Martham in 1911 and on his marrage cert claimed to have been born in Holt and fathered by Thomas William Knowles Game Keeper Which I dont believe. Only 2 fredericks turn up in holt area around 1883-7. One is ellens frederick and the other is to a Clifford Knowles of Hunworth who is older and in 1901 is a groom in a pub. I hope your research can help me with this road block. Mike

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 08 November 15 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Rebecca has not been on rootschat since 2012, but if she had set up her profile to receive email notifications of replies and has not changed her email address, she should know that there have been replies to this thread.

It is a shame if she misses out on making contact with 'cousins' .....

Sadly, there are many people who join rootschat, post a couple of queries and don't return (for any number of reasons).  :-\

Offline Mike Knowles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 08 November 15 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruskie
Thanks for the speedy info. I will put out a new post for info
Thanks
Mike

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 08 November 15 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike

Welcome to Rootschat ;D

I've sent Becca a personal message letting her know she's had replies here.

Because of her settings, she won't get anymore notifications that we have all posted here so fingers crossed she comes back soon.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Mike Knowles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 08 November 15 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawnsh
Thanks for the help.
Mike

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 08 November 15 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Good luck Mike!  :)

Offline becca.morgan

• RootsChat Member
  • Always searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 09 November 15 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Apologies for my absence - this was a long time ago and I haven't had the opportunity to work on this for many years. I will have a look at my old notes and see what I can do, then get back to you.

Best wishes,

Rebecca
Hagan, Hagon, Yarham, Pawley, Digby, Knowles, Coker, Coates, Jordan, Jarvis, Williamson, Lake and Hall in Erpingham district and surrounding areas, Norfolk. Morgan, Wogan, Thomas, Phillips, Morris, Davies in Pembrokeshire, Wales. Stevens, Davies, Cave and Tingey in Walthamstow area, London.