Author Topic: Daniel Jones & Ann? 1881 marriage lookup please  (Read 898 times)

Offline pandora

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Daniel Jones & Ann? 1881 marriage lookup please
« on: Friday 29 September 06 00:05 BST (UK) »
Daniel Jones and Ann ? my GG/Gradparents, I have searched for ages to find their marriage but hit a brick wall.
Daniel was born in Llandyfeiliog and Ann was born in Llangendeirne, both aged 42 in 1901. The only address I have for them is  Drynilwyn farm Cottage, Llangendeirne. Daniel was a coal miner in 1901.
If possible a marriage lookup and Vol numbers so I can order a certificate.
Jones.  Kidwelly, Wales
Harries/Harris. Wales
White. Hampshire
Sutton. Kent

Offline alcrighton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Jones & Ann? 1881 marriage lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 September 06 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Pandora,

It's always difficult to be sure whether you have the right marriage when you're looking for a JONES in Wales but my best bet would be the following:

December Quarter 1881
Daniel JONES
Carmarthen 11a 1331

They were already living in Llangendeirne in 1891 (RG12/4515 Folio 50 Page 5) and their eldest child, Elizabeth is recorded as 7 years old in 1891 & 18 in 1901 putting her year of birth between 1882 & 1884.  Llangendeirne was in the Carmarthen civil registration district and it's therefore likely that Daniel and Ann married in the early 1880s.

The above marriage was the only one I found on FreeBMD between 1878 & 1883 in the Carmarthen district of a Daniel JONES to an Ann.  The Ann on the same page of the index is Ann THOMAS.

I hope this is the right one.

Regards,

Al
Crighton, Dundee & London<br />Woodgates, Bath, Devon & London<br />Curtis, Nottinghamshire & Islington<br />Maker, Cornwall & London<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pandora

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Jones & Ann? 1881 marriage lookup please
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 06 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Al.

BINGO!  that the family, on the 1891 census I also have Elizabeth age 7 plus 3 other children, one of them being my grandmother. Now I can order a marriage certificate and see if I can get further back. I couln't get back futher than  Daniel.
Thank you so much.
Pandora
Jones.  Kidwelly, Wales
Harries/Harris. Wales
White. Hampshire
Sutton. Kent