Author Topic: NASH, 1861  (Read 8235 times)

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
Re: NASH, 1861
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 March 08 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Good on you Barty
 :)

Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart
Co. Mayo: Layng, Fulton, Ruxton
Co. Kerry: Nash
Co. Dublin: Ruxton, Layng, Kelly, Wilson, Shea, Askin
Galway: Abbot

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 02 March 08 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Debbie! I have seen that marriage listed in BDM  but it is the only mention of John Read Nash I know of apart from on son Henry's birth cert. I don't have the wedding cert - guess it can be ordered? Anything you can find on John Read Nash would be great. I have found some READ families in the area which may be connected.
Sarah thought to have married three times - also to Richard Iles and Charles Young [1865 Little Coxwell] but two possible matches in 1881 census as below. ???
Sarah's father should be Humphrey Moore - does it say Smith? Or is that his occupation.
Would also like some proof that of the parents of Mary Bowles m Humphrey Moore [being John and Mary - as that has been queried].
Ta!
David

Mary Mond [MOORE]
born:
Berkshire

Parish:
Shrivenham

John Holictay
Charles Mond
Humphrey Mond
Humphrey Mond
Martha Mond
Mary Mond

Mary Moore' Age:54
Relation: Wife
Spouse's name: Humphrey
 born: Fernham

parish: Longcot

Charles Mare [MOORE]
Humphrey Mare
Humphrey Mare
18  apprentice blacksmith
Mary Mare

1861 Faringdon
Humphrey MOORE
 born:
Longcot

Civil parish:
Longcot

Charles Moore
Humphrey Moore
Mary Moore
Mary Ann Moore  daughter in law  [Humphrey jnr's wife] b Burton on the Water, Gloucestershire

Elizabeth Read
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: John
 born: Longcott

Parish: Longcott
 address:
The Lane
Married
Field WorkER

James Jeffries
Elizabeth Read
John Read carpenter b Bishopstone, Wilts
John Read
Mary Read

John Read

Spouse's Name:
Elizabeth
 born:
Bishopstone, Wiltshire

Parish:
Longcot

Neighbors:  Joseph Jordan 29, b Longcot and wife Mary  [rels - ****]

Franci Jefferier, grandson
10 b Longcot, Berkshire
James Jefferies, grandson
19 b Longcot, Berkshire
Elizabeth Read
60 b Longcot, Berkshire
John Read retired carpenter
John Read, son,  ag lab
23 b Longcot, Berkshire, ,

1841 England Census 
about Elizabeth Read
 born:
Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Fovant

Elizabeth Read
James Read
John Read
John Read
Stephen Read

John Read

Relation:
Servant
 born:
Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Civil Parish:
St Pancras,
Middlesex

John Read

Relation:
Head
Spouse's Name:
Elizabeth [nee Jefferies? Father Isaac?? - 41 census]
Where born:
Bishopstone, Wiltshire

Civil Parish:
Longcot

Roseanna Jefferis
 wife’s daughter,
b Faringdon, Berkshire
Elizabeth Read
 b Longcot, Berkshire
John Read
John Read
 b Longcot, Berkshire
Mary Read
b Longcot, Berkshire

1851 England Census
Name: Sarah Nash
Relation: Pauper
born: Longcote

Civil parish: Stratton St Margaret

Sarah Iles
Relation:
Wife
Spouse's name:
Richard
born: Stratton

Civil parish:
Stratton St Margaret

Emma Iles 1
Richard Iles 36
Sarah Iles 37

1871 census
Stratton St Margaret
Richard Iles 46
Sarah Iles [wife] 47        both Ag Labs b Stratton
Emma Iles  11

With Richard Iles [as Sarah Iles]  in Highworth St, Highworth and daughter Emma 21 b Stratton

Emma Iles 21
Richard Iles 56
Birth:  abt 1825 - Stratton St Margaret, Wiltshire
Sarah Iles 58

1881 England Census
about Sarah Young
Relation:
Head
Where born:
Longcot

Civil parish:
Little Coxwell
 (Widower)
Ag Lab

Humphry Moore 50
Sarah Young 61

1841 census Stratton - a Richard Iles, 18 and Henry Iles, 15, both b Stratton,  live with Wm and Elizabeth Seymour.

1851 census
78 Upper Stratton is 26yo, head of house [ag] with mother 'E' Iles, 67 b Minall, [pauper late ag lab] WILTS and sister "A" Iles, 23 b Stratton [servant out of place]
Charles Young is neighbour [#80] age 45 b Lambourn, Berks with wife "A" Young 45 b Purton both Ag lab

1861 census
Estimated birth year: abt 1825
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Sarah
Where born: Stratton

parish: Stratton St Margaret

Emma Iles 1
Richard Iles 36
Sarah Iles 37

Richard Iles
 born: Stratton St Margaret

Civil parish:
Stratton St Margaret

Richard Iles
Where born: Stratton St Margaret
Civil parish: Stratton St Margaret

Emma Iles [daughter] b Str St Marg 30
Richard Iles 66
Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 03 March 08 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi David - well I have really tried with your Nash family,  and I am afraid I am not comming up with much at all.  I can't find Henry Read Nash (b 1855 Stratton)  in any census,  and the only positive sighting I have of Sarah (nee Moore) his mother is in Stratton workshouse in 1851 with her 2 daughter Helen (Ellen) and Rosanna,  I can find Ellen in all the following census and Rosanna is with her in 1871,  but other than that I am not coming up with much at all.  I looked at the Richard Iles & Sarah thing but I am not at all sure about it her age and place of birth are consistantly out. 

On the Humphrey Moore to Mary Bowles part,  first yes the Smith part of the marriage record refers to his occupation not his name.  I am fairly confident that Mary is the one baptised 22nd Feb 1799 the daughter of John & Mary Bowles, farmer  her brother John was baptised on the same day and the records make it plain that he was 5 weeks old but in her case it says -- years unfortunatly the number is missing,  there is the added information that Mary the mothers maiden name was Forty,  A likely birth for her in 1797 would fit with the dates of others of their children.

I will mull this over and see if I can come up with anything else

:-\

Debbie

Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 03 March 08 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Debbie! That's pretty good proof on Mary Bowles parentage. What record did you find those details on please so I can use it as a reference.

My great grandfather Henry Nash I have only found on only one English census..... 1881. After that he lived in Ireland. John Read Nash's children's surnames were just NASH. I have records of their mother Sarah from other census years as in my last post.
Thanks a million for all this!!!!
David

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 March 08 11:44 GMT (UK) »
David - the Bowles baptism details are from the transcripts of the registers of Longcot produced by the OFHS

:)

Debbie
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 09 March 08 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Looks like Wm's parents:

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

:-\  Sorry!

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 09 March 08 12:28 GMT (UK) »

On the Humphrey Moore to Mary Bowles part,  first yes the Smith part of the marriage record refers to his occupation not his name.  I am fairly confident that Mary is the one baptised 22nd Feb 1799 the daughter of John & Mary Bowles, farmer  her brother John was baptised on the same day and the records make it plain that he was 5 weeks old but in her case it says -- years unfortunatly the number is missing,  there is the added information that Mary the mothers maiden name was Forty,  A likely birth for her in 1797 would fit with the dates of others of their children.

Hi Debbie
This doesn't actually prove that my Mary m Humphrey was daughter of John Bowles and Mary Forty does it? Sorry for lack of clear thinking......

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 09 March 08 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi - no it doesn't prove it,  however before the start of civil registration in 1837 often reasonable probability is the best you can have,  sometimes you get lucky - such as if you could find a will for John Bowles which mentioned his married daughter Mary Moore.  We know from the census that the likly year of birth for Mary is 1797, place Longcot,  there is not a baptism for a Mary Bowles in that year but there is one a bit later and the entry infers that she was x yrs old - its a shame the x is not specified I am working from transcripts it might be worth getting someone to check the original if possible to see if they can work it out.

Sorry best I can do

Debbie

Offline Pincushion

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 10 July 17 17:21 BST (UK) »
Hi ...we have a bible that dates back to 1876 with lots of nash's in it , trying to trace it's rightful owners has we found it in a field in Lincolnshire.