Author Topic: Post Office Workers 1952  (Read 10563 times)

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Post Office Workers 1952
« on: Thursday 05 October 06 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have recently purchased a  book entitled ' List of the Principal Officers in the Post Office and British Post Office Agencies Abroad' published by HMSO 1st January 1952.

It is a list of all the 'civil servants' and other employees within the Post Office at the time - It also gives details of employee dates of birth and employee career records and salary scales - for example my husbands G Uncle is listed as a HEO in 1952 but started his career in 1915 as a CA and it gives details of each promotion date etc.

So if If there is anyone out there who had a family member working in the Post Office around this era I'd be happy to look them up and send you details.

Cheers
Jan

Moderator comment: please be wary of posting requests for living people.  Requests can be posted on this board or by PM

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Post Office Workers 1952
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 October 19 16:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your look ups Jan we appreciated you help with this one :-*

I have now removed your offer now that you no longer have the book.

Kind Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk