Author Topic: wheeldon family  (Read 6033 times)

Offline wheeldon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
wheeldon family
« on: Monday 08 November 04 20:48 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information about Thomas Wheeldon, born around 1863 in the Buxton/burbage area.  He married three times his second wife was called Saah and his third was Elizabeth Pugh.  He had aprox thirteen children, the names that I Know of are Jane, Anne, Joseph, May, Thomas, Agnes, Edith, Emma and Frank.  He died in Manchester around 1935.  His father was also called Thomas.  I would be most grateful if anyone has any information on this family.

Thanks

Fiona
Wheeldon  Derbyshire & Manchester
Willshaw Staffordshire & Manchester
Wilshaw Staffordshire & Manchester
Pugh Manchester, Haston, Hadwell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Patrick Coventry, Warwick, Foleshill
Kelly Dronmore County Down & Manchester
Stewart  Hilsborough County Down & Manchester
Moffatt/Moffitt County May &, Lancashire

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: wheeldon family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 November 04 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi
are you wanting census lookups for Thomas, I have him on the 1871 and can look on the later ones too.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline wheeldon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 November 04 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky that would be fantastic!  Thanks very much for your help.

Fiona

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 November 04 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Having looked in detail at the 1871 census there are two Thomas Wheeldons born Burbage, one is 8 and the other 7, gets more complicated,both their fathers were Thomas too!!
Do you have his mothers name or his fathers occupation which may help, if not I can send you details of both, but wouldnt want you heading down the wrong line.
Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline wheeldon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 November 04 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky, I think but I am not entirely sure that his mother may have been called Sarah.  I have one of his marriage certificates which state that his Dad was a general labourer, however my family are under the impression that he worked on the canals.  Sorry that I can't be more specific.

Thanks again

Fiona

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 March 05 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of an Mrs  Alice Wheeldon who lived in Derby.  I know her children etc but am trying to confirm her husband.  I think her maiden name could be Marshall.

According to her death cert it is William Augustus Wheeldon. 

Children were born from 1887 but no sign of him.  Surely I can't have another one that disappeared off the face of the earth !!

Carol
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk
Wakefield Family History Sharing
Siddle, Sklinar, Officer, Hebden, Riach, Younie, Mitchell aka McKandie, Algar, Wilkinson, Haverson, Mucklow,
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline sandra Bee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 08:31 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

My g g grandmother Ann Wheeldon married 19th Nove 1826
St John Manchester. John Tarran (t) his fathe rJohn mother Elizabeth. He was bap 7th Jan 1798 Cleobury Mortimer shrops.
She was born Ann Wheeldon bap of father Thomas and mother Ann  20th June 1801 Youlgreave.
Her parents Thaomas Wheeldon and Ann Shinewell mar . 16th March 1790 Youlgreave.
Ann is on the census from 1841 until 1851 but assume that after that date she died. ] On the census JOhn Tarran is
described as a brewers traveller so assume that they may have been boat people previously.
I am interested in finding info on John Tarran and Ann 's movement prior to 1841 and also links to the Tarran family.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

My g g grandmother Ann Wheeldon married 19th Nove 1826
St John Manchester. John Tarran (t) his fathe rJohn mother Elizabeth. He was bap 7th Jan 1798 Cleobury Mortimer shrops.
She was born Ann Wheeldon bap of father Thomas and mother Ann  20th June 1801 Youlgreave.
Her parents Thaomas Wheeldon and Ann Shinewell mar . 16th March 1790 Youlgreave.
Ann is on the census from 1841 until 1851 but assume that after that date she died. ] On the census JOhn Tarran is
described as a brewers traveller so assume that they may have been boat people previously.
I am interested in finding info on John Tarran and Ann 's movement prior to 1841 and also links to the Tarran family.

Hi Sandra

This your the Line

marriage

John F/Tannen X Ann Wheelden. 19th Nov 1826 St John Manchester Lancs
Baptism
John Tarrant Bapt Father John mother Elizabeth 7th Jan 1798 Cleobury Morther Shrophshire

Baptism
Ann Wheeldon Bapt of father Thomas and Mother Ann  20 JUN 1801 Youlgreave, Derbyshire
..........................................................................................

Marriage
Thomas Wheeldon X Ann Shinewell  16 MAR 1790 Youlgreave, Derby, England
~~~~~~~~----------
Baptism
Thomas Wheeldon Bapt 2nd Sept 1770 of  Father Thomas Wheedon & Mother Hannah Oldfield Youlgreave
..........................................................................................

Marriage
Thomas Wheeldon X Hannah Oldfield 30 OCT 1769 Youlgreave, Derbyshire, England
~~~~~~~~------------

Baptism

Thomas Wheeldon bapt father John Mother Esther 02 SEP 1739 Winster, Derby, England
....................................................................................

Marriage unknown to Esther

Maybe other members may take it futher back?

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline sandra Bee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 July 11 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Dob,

Many thanks,
Sandra