Author Topic: Kelman  (Read 17145 times)

Offline blacktreestump

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kelman
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 October 11 10:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you Mac.

I'm looking forward to it.  My Father often said there were family members who went to Canada, but my research to date has been focused in Scotland.   My Father also told me stories of his time (spent with his Grandmother during WW2) as a child in Aberfeldy.  It would be one of his first cousins who lives in Prestwick.   

Offline lovey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 23 October 11 12:00 BST (UK) »
I have Kelmans in my family tree, with Black, and Dawson, Bennetts.
Godleman, Dawson, Bennett, Grant, Black, Guild, Hobday,Kelly

Offline jessiboo_17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kelman - marlyn
« Reply #20 on: Friday 01 January 16 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Alexander Kelman  from Aberdeen came to the US with wife Elizabeth Mckenzie and their children and with Frances Kelman (Fanny) (Alexander's daughter from first wife Barbara Garrow).   They were in Ohio and Fanny married into my family of John Stewart from Neilston In Renfrewshire.  Any Connections?

I am the 3rd great-granddaughter of Elizabeth McKenzie! Her son, David Kelman, had 2 children, one being Jessie Kelman. Her son, William Kelman Keagy (he has gone by Kelman since he was a baby) just turned 99 this past February. That would be my grandfather.

I have no idea what happened to Alexander or anything about his side of the family, besides his first wife and children (which I partly discovered through you!). Elizabeth remarried to Farquhar McGregor in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1854. She had 2 children with him there. He died in 1860. She and her children moved to Astoria, OR.

I have a lot more information than that, though. :) I also have photographs of David and his family.

I hope you see this post! I would love to get in contact with you.

~Hannah

Would this be the same Elizabeth MacKenzie Kelman that married a Farquhar McGregor???? 

Offline BronnieJones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 November 23 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have a ancestor named Helen Reid (nee Kelman) she married a James Reid in 1779 in Rothiemay, Banffshire.

Helen was born in 1755 (location unknown)
Died & Buried in rothiemay december 24, 1830.

I don't know if thats too far back or too little information. I was hoping that maybe one of your ancestors had a sister or daughter named Helen