Author Topic: Monasterboice MIs  (Read 3913 times)

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Monasterboice MIs
« on: Monday 09 October 06 07:49 BST (UK) »
Records of the following memorial inscriptions at Monasterboice are freely available on the internet:
- Alice Boden
- Catherine Boden
- Edward Boden
- James Boden
- John Boden
- Mary Boden
- Mary Boden
- Patrick Boden
- Patrick Boden
- Patrick Boden senior
- Anne Bodin (McGill)
- Julia McDonnell (Boden)

I'm probably related to some/most or all of these people and would love to know the dates on the MIs and any other details. How would I find out this information?

Thanks,
Simon

Offline jbhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Monasterboice MIs
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 October 06 11:39 BST (UK) »
No sooner requested than .....

BODEN: Erected by Alice Boden in memory of her father and mother James and Anne Brady.

BODEN: Erected by John Boden, Monasterboice in memory of his mother Mary, 8th Aug. 1894. Also his sister Catherine, 27th April 1900. Also the above John Boden, Aug. 13th 1916. His brother Edward, 5th April 1930. His  nephew Patrick, 7th April 1932.

McDONNELL: Julia McDonnell, Patrick Street, Drogheda who died 23rd Sept. 1961. Her brother Patrick Boden who died 8th Aug. 1957 and their parents Patrick and Mary Boden, Kearneystown, DUnleer, 6th April 1918 and 3rd Oct. 1921 respectively.

Source: James Garry, 'The Monasterboice Inscriptions',  Seanchas Ard Mhacha 1990

I hope that is of some assistance.

Brendan
Louth: Hall, Kindlon, Hughes, McAuley, Cumiskey
Cavan: Langan, Reilly
Dublin: McAuley, Murphy
England & Wales: Parkhouse, Callow, Callowhill, Vinall, Huzzey, Mortimer

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 October 06 14:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for the quick reply. I can't make much of it yet, but hopefully later I will.

Ta,
Simon

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Brendan,

Of the above inscriptions, I'm really interested in the following one:

"BODEN: Erected by Alice Boden in memory of her father and mother James and Anne Brady."

Do you have any idea of the date of this inscription? If there's no date, is it an old one? My great-great-great-grandfather James Boden died some time between 1847 and 1860. He had been a farmer and had been married to a lady called Anne.

Thanks,
Simon