Author Topic: 51 OTU Cranfield, Mosquito Intruder training 13/4/43  (Read 16709 times)

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 51 OTU Cranfield, Mosquito Intruder training 13/4/43
« Reply #18 on: Friday 12 November 10 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Matt,

If he's receiving replies to his posting he should get this but if you make another couple of postings on the baords you will be able to send him a personal message yourself.

HTH

Howard
Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK

Offline Vi Mulcair-Hirst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 January 11 20:42 GMT (UK) »
I have been searching for information about my older brother, P/O Kevin Mulcair of the 605. If anyone has any further information, stories, pictures, or recollections of Kevin, I would be grateful if they could send them to me

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Vi (Mulcair) Hirst

Offline Bristol4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Laurence W Bush
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi I read with interest your articles and saw the name of Laurence W Bush, I am interested because of my family history (my hobby), I believe the widow of Laurence to be Ivy Maud nee Redgrove, if I am correct this makes your wife, I believe their only daughter my 3rd cousin, my connection is through the Redgrove line.
Kindest regards

Offline skyeman2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 12 August 12 19:44 BST (UK) »
Very new to this! My father was Ronald George Taylor and I have tried with little success to find any of his mates .Sadly he died when I was ten in 1958.I did buy Ian Piper's book on 605 squadron but did not find Ian particularly helpful.Anyway it is certainly him in the picture of51 OTU at Cranfield and I remember the puppy called Pooch as a boy.Would love to contact anybody who knew him or of him.I live in the Isle of Skye.
David Taylor

Offline Vi Mulcair-Hirst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 13 August 12 01:50 BST (UK) »
Re: Squadron 605.
My brother Pilot officer Kevin Mulcair was a member of 605 in Cranford. On Jan. 11th,1944 he and his pilot F/Sgt.Richard failed to return from one of the first operational sorties of the new year. They were never found and later presumed dead.  We received only a cable and never received further info. I still think of him often and even though I am 10yrs. younger I still remember seeing him off at the railway station in Montreal (he was with the RCAFat that time) on  his way overseas in 1942.

I have a picture of the Squadron with just the last names written above and one name is Taylorand probably your dad.  His pilot on his last mission is in a 2nd. photo.

I too would love to get more info but I would imagine most of them are now diceased. Vi (Mulcair) Hirst.

Offline skyeman2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 13 August 12 09:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Vi,thanks for the reply.So sorry you never found out about your brother.At least I knew my father,but only as a young boy.
Is your photo of 51 OTU.There are two on the net,one shows the pilots and the other the navigators.There appears to be a Taylor in both,but my father was a pilot and is shown holding a puppy.
Anyway keep in touch.My email is (*)

kind regards

David Taylor

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 13 August 12 12:18 BST (UK) »
Re: Squadron 605.
My brother Pilot officer Kevin Mulcair was a member of 605 in Cranford. On Jan. 11th,1944 he and his pilot F/Sgt.Richard failed to return from one of the first operational sorties of the new year. They were never found and later presumed dead.  We received only a cable and never received further info. I still think of him often and even though I am 10yrs. younger I still remember seeing him off at the railway station in Montreal (he was with the RCAFat that time) on  his way overseas in 1942.

I have a picture of the Squadron with just the last names written above and one name is Taylorand probably your dad.  His pilot on his last mission is in a 2nd. photo.

I too would love to get more info but I would imagine most of them are now diceased. Vi (Mulcair) Hirst.

The Reverend Roger Gurnett of Spirit River, Alberta, pictured amongst the navigators on this course was a Canadian and did reply to a letter many years back about my wife's father. It is possible he or members of his family are still alive. He had a remarkable memory even though his contact with these men was brief.

HTH

Best, Howard
Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK

Offline carbs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 05 February 13 16:53 GMT (UK) »
My Uncle, Fl/Lt G C R Moody was posted to 51 OTU on 12th March 1943 at Twinwood but moved to Cranfield on 10th April 1943. After his course he was posted to 23 Squadron in Malta on June 16th. He and his navigator, Peter Gladman were killed on a raid on their 3rd sortie on June 25th '43.
I have a photograph of No 4 course 60 OTU taken in August 1941 at East Lothian. This may not be at the time that you were after.
Carbs

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Howard,

I sent you a pm a few days ago, did you read it ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk