Author Topic: ROSSITER/WALDRON  (Read 6454 times)

Offline bridgy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ROSSITER/WALDRON
« on: Sunday 15 October 06 13:20 BST (UK) »
Hello from Australia
I am looking for Bartholomew ROSSITER who married Elizabeth WALDRON, no date, but I believe in Kildare.  They and their 5 children came to Aust in 1840. 
The info I have is
Bartholomew ROSSITER b. 1796 (Wellbank??) died 1845 in Sydney, Aust (have cert so can verify this)
Mary Ann ROSSITER b. 1821 (Kilcullen??) died 1903 in Glebe, Sydney. married 1853 William Robson.
Elizabeth ROSSITER b. 1823 (Kilcullen ??) died 1919 in Sydney, married 1. John GRIMES in 1852 and 2. Henry PRESCOT(T) in 1862.
Catherine ROSSITER b. Ireland,  married John FLAVELLE in 1847 in Sydney.
Gertrude ROSSITER, b. Ireland married Samuel BRUSH in 1847 in Sydney.
John ROSSITER (my direct line) b. 1825 (Killcullen??), died 1879 married Mary Ann RAYNER in 1851.  Have both marriage and death certs for John that confirm his fathers name was Bartholomew.
Now Bart is my brick wall, big time.  Have evidence of him in Oz but can't find him in Co Kildare.  If some one could help I would really appreciate it.  Have had a lot of help with other posts and am coming to believe that this forum is the only one to use. ;D
Thank you and blessing from Oz.
Jan
Rossiter, Waldron (Kildare), Kelly, Cox, Dollar (Co Armagh), Bridges, Bennett, Hodgson (Bedfordshire), Roberts (Liverpool), Peirce, Tutton (Somerset), Goodwin, Tomlinson (Lancashire), Lovell ( Midlothian)
Rossiter, Kelly, Bridges, Roberts, Goodwin (Australia)

Offline rcuser

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "The truth is out there",Special Agent Fox Mulder
    • View Profile
Re: ROSSITER/WALDRON
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 October 06 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,

I am researching the Rossiter family generally and have bits and pieces about Bartholomew but nothing pre-1796.

Information about Irish families is hard to come by and probably your best source would be Ancestry.com.

Mind you, you have been busy as I've found your requests all over the net!! LOL!!

I have been searching the net too and came up with a couple of links you may find of interest:-

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rancy/flavelle/pafg02.htm#37

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0uu/

This seems to suggest that Bartholomew had a son born 1831 and that Bartholomew the father was a botanist.

Don't suppose any of these websites are yours by any chance?

Best wishes

rcuser
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching Rossiter, Finn, Wright, Vaughan, Bloor, Acton, Clay, Moorhouse, Foxall, Hart, Knott and many other families

Offline bridgy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 October 06 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,

I am researching the Rossiter family generally and have bits and pieces about Bartholomew but nothing pre-1796.

Information about Irish families is hard to come by and probably your best source would be Ancestry.com.

Mind you, you have been busy as I've found your requests all over the net!! LOL!!

I have been searching the net too and came up with a couple of links you may find of interest:-

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~rancy/flavelle/pafg02.htm#37

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0uu/

This seems to suggest that Bartholomew had a son born 1831 and that Bartholomew the father was a botanist.

Don't suppose any of these websites are yours by any chance?

Best wishes

rcuser

Hello there
I was hoping you'd see my post on here.  Where do the Rossiters feature in your family?  My mother was a Rossiter and I can prove back to Bart as I said. 
I have Barts son John born in 1825 (this info from Merv Rossiter) however Bart has been classed as a gardener so botanist is not far off.  Also believe that he came to Aust with the Australian Agricultural Company as a bounty passenger (1840) which would fit in as that company was hiring farmers/miners/gardeners at that time for the State government. Is it possible for you to let me have the info on Bart you have and in exchange I will let you know what I have on all my Rossiters if you are interested.  It may be better if we contact direct.  My email is Email removed to prevent spamming - please use the PM system to exchange such information.  Thanks!  Are you in Australia? 
Am I impressed with this forum!!  Have posted 3 times and each time have received some of the info I've been chasing for a long time.
Have a tree trial with ancestry.com at present but have not found it as good as it should be.  You guys on here have given me more.
Can't wait to hear back from you.
Regards
Jan
Rossiter, Waldron (Kildare), Kelly, Cox, Dollar (Co Armagh), Bridges, Bennett, Hodgson (Bedfordshire), Roberts (Liverpool), Peirce, Tutton (Somerset), Goodwin, Tomlinson (Lancashire), Lovell ( Midlothian)

Offline bridgy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 October 06 23:07 BST (UK) »
Me again
Forgot to add.  Have investigated the Turnball site and contacted the administrator.  He did not know who put the Bart ROSSITER info on there and I don't think it is right.  Could be wrong.  If I remember rightly, that's where John is listed as born in 1831.
Am also aware of the other site - Flavelle - and am in contact with some of them.  Barts daughter Catherine married John Flavelle in Sydney.  If you haven't already done so, check out the NSW BDM.  It's the only state in Aust who gives access to BDM and I've picked up so much from there. 
Speak to you soon.
Regards
Jan

Offline Tammy Nicholls

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 June 16 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Bart is my 4th great grandfather from his daughter Catherine Flavelle Nee Rossiter.  I too am chasing any info on the Irish background please

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 June 16 21:47 BST (UK) »
There was a Wellbank House not too far from Kilcullen
http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V2,689877,712495,11,9
it's in the townland of Flemingtown south aka Tonaphuca

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 June 16 22:36 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage of Bartholomew Rossiter and Elizabeth Waldron 1819 in Kildare on this site
http://www.irishancestors.ie/search/marriage/
MLB    Marriage Licence Bond or Grant (noting Diocese)

Offline bridgy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 August 17 07:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Tammy
I don't know if I replied to your post or not.  So sorry for being rude.  Moved house in the previous 12 months and Family History got put way, way back on the back burner.  If you're still interested in Bartholomew please let me know.
Regards
Jan