Author Topic: GERMANY: Niedersachsen Archive site  (Read 54063 times)

Offline Lauraine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Due to health issues can no longer look at graves.
    • View Profile
Re: GERMANY: Niedersachsen Archive site
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 November 06 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rena:

Sorry I didn't thank you sooner.  My main interest is an Heinrich Albrecht, perhaps a Hessian,  sent to N. America to fight for King George during the American Revolution plus a Palatine Family possibly from Niedersachsen who arrived in NY Colony 1709.  Have a lot of the N. American information, but no info for Germany.

Thanks for passing so much information.  Have an Albany, NY site for early baptisms (1740's) if anyone is interested.

Lauraine
Researching Smith from Shetland, Herd from Arboath, Whittier, Combs from England & Wales plus Albrecht (Albright), Carkner (Kirchner) & Syrnyk (Syrnick) from Prussia. Laurenson in South Africa

Offline springtime 60

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 14 August 07 21:46 BST (UK) »
can anyone help me with the german site,i'm not german and i am looking for a wilhelmina becker born 1864 her father is fritz thats all the info i have and  an german address for fritz in 1920
                        with thanks
                                 ann

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 August 07 06:59 BST (UK) »
can anyone help me with the german site,i'm not german and i am looking for a wilhelmina becker born 1864 her father is fritz thats all the info i have and  an german address for fritz in 1920
                        with thanks
                                 ann

Hi Ann,
Sorry, but I only spotted one emigrant (auswanderer) record for a Wilhelmine Becker born 1846. There was another record for a "Mina Becker" under 14 yrs old who travelled with a Becker family 1865 but not knowing anything about your research I couldn't say if she was one of yours.

As you have a 1920 address for her father Fritz Becker this could be in the parish (Gemeinde) where Wilhelmina was baptised.  I suggest you look on the www.familysearch.org website in the "Library" section and enter the town as the search criteria.  Hopefully, this should bring up a film of the parish church (Gemeindekirche) records in the time span you require.  If you don't know where to view the film - the website also gives a list of places near you which have facilities.

Hope this helps.

Rena
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline springtime 60

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 29 August 07 09:24 BST (UK) »
hello rena
 thank you for your help i will look at the site and let you know if and what i find
                           thanks

Offline Dijon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing Useful Tips: GERMANY and E. Europe
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 17 February 08 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rena:

:DThank you for the tips.  Will try to wend my way into this site.  Looking for Palatines who left Prussia abt 1708 or 1709.  Surname is May?  Wonder if that is Anglacized?  Do you know?  Thanks for the tips.

Lauraine

Hello Lauraine,

On the first list of Palatines taken at St.Catherines May 6th 1709 there was-

David May age 24 Husbandman and Vinedresser Religion Ref.

There are also the names Mey and Meyer listed.
Do you have a first name to go on?

Dijon.
Census and BMD information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Taken/ Takon/ Tacon One Name Study
Farn   (Essex & Rugby) Hyland  (Croydon & Stanmer Sussex)  Lyddon  (Marylebone)  Lamborn /Lambourn (Ludgershall Bucks )  Taylor (Dorset)
Wickens  (Croydon & Sussex)  White (Croydon)
Mellows  (Chelsea & Kent)  Burkill  (Luddington, Lincs/Reedness, Yorkshire)  Lee (Bethnal Green)
Creasey (Ponders End)  Eastmead (Gloucester)