Author Topic: Trying to find my gtgrandparents marriage records  (Read 4075 times)

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find my gtgrandparents marriage records
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 23:22 BST (UK) »
I've found George with his dad Michael(b Sligo Ireland) in 1861.
But cannot find Agnes or Emily Agnes Maguire- so was she married before perhaps as Suz suggested and is on the 1861 in her married name?

The kids birth certs would say Doyle- maiden name Maguire-but wouldn't show her first married name.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 October 06 23:45 BST (UK) »
as Carol pointed out there is an Agnes Doyle 30 in the same lodging house in 1881 -looks like Emily agnes 30 (a cross through the nought) is really daughter Emily Agnes age 3 and the enumerator has forgotten to strike out the occupation???

Do you agree??

If so we are back with the mother calling herself Agnes!

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 07:41 BST (UK) »
Not convinced Suz-surely wife Agnes( or Emily Agnes) would be listed next to her hubby..............or did they not live together as man and wife at that stage!

Very odd.

Will keep looking though.

Carol

EDIT... having just had another look at 1881- in the cold light of day. I now can see that the enumerator has added a cross by the side of mum and daughters names as though to indicate that Agnes(lower down) should be inserted between George and Emily Agnes-who's age should be 3 NOT 30 and who should not have an occupation!

I think we're back to Agnes for mums name  ;D but still think she may have been married before?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 11:57 BST (UK) »
Think the name Emily comes from Michael George's mother!

Swine Market
Nantwich Cheshire
Michael Doyle 45 Nailmaker emp 1 boy Ireland
Emily wife 38 Ireland
Patrick J son 13 Nailmaker Liverpool Lancs
Michael G son 11 Longton Staffs

RG 2619 82 18
by 1871 Michael is a widower in lodgings with son George

There is a birth in West Derby dist abt right time for a Patrick James Doyle- George;s brother???

Back to looking for Agnes

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline thindle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 13:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much everyone.Regarding the 1881 census Yes it was wrong emily Agnes should be there I do know of her she was my dad's Aunt and I  have the birth certificate it says father George Doyle? Not Michael George. Mother's name Agnes Doyle formerly Maguire. I also have Agnes Maguire's birth details from Beverly in Yorkshire Agnes was born 12 July 1849 and baptised at St Charles Borromeo R C Church Hull No registration at B M Ds as it wasn't compulsory until 1870 whatever . Agnes' parents Charles Maguire and Ann (nee Kelly) just put Ireland on  her birth. They as a family are not found on any census. But Agnes appears on the 1881 census married to Michael George Whose parents are like you said Michael and Emily (Hurley ) with a son Patrick James born in Liverpool in 1848.. I am at such a loss with both sets of families and I cannot proceed any further with my family tree the Doyles and Maguires are my direct line from my father's mothers side I can't even find their deaths, except for Agnes' in 1928 and Jane Doyle in 1891. Thanks again everyone Theresa