Author Topic: Plunkett family  (Read 19963 times)

Offline brabazon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Plunkett family
« on: Wednesday 10 November 04 04:42 GMT (UK) »
 Hi does anyone have any info on THOMAS PLUNKETT of MONAGHAN
b circa 1775  wife SUSANNA went to Australia superintendant of parramatta womens Prison  looking for any ifo at all
many thanks  lola
My email is not working for this Profile also using presto profile.

Gamble/Lancashire
Taylor/Flintshire
Mealor/Cheshire
Buckett/Hants
Feast/Fiest/Feist

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Plunkett family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 January 05 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi lola

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hiya lola,

Some of Thomas's cousins may have remained in Monaghan. There were a few people with this surname in the county in 1858-60 when Griffiths Valuation of Ireland http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php took place in the county. There were not that many and there may be some duplication of names so it could be worthwhile looking at these families.

Best Wishes,

Chris

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 August 06 02:30 BST (UK) »
hi Iola,I belong to this family.I have been researching 15yrs and have entries on other mailing lists.please contact.Doreen .NZ

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 August 06 03:57 BST (UK) »
Just under 200 years after 1775, in 1960 there were five Plunketts listed in the Belfast and Northern Ireland street directory including Rev. Hedley W. Plunkett of 272, Antrim Road and Marine Insurance Brokers F. Plunkett and Son, Ltd of 10, Donegall Square, South and 22-26, May Street, Belfast. Would these Plunketts be of any use to any one?

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 August 06 04:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your info Christopher,at this stage I have for sure James Plunkett wife Jane and father unk living in "Plunkett Court" 32 & 42  Union st 1849 to 1866 also James house agent living 31 Castle st Belfast 1835-47.
dau Jane married Robert Dunwoody .when Jane died she was still living 42 union st.Unable at this time to find from whom father leased the land the three small houses were built on.cheers

Offline presto

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 August 06 12:30 BST (UK) »
To Ticker, Christopher,
thank you for your responses to my 2004 request re Plunkett info.  Due to a break down in communication I failed to advise that Doreen was most helpful in providing a lot of info that filled in a lot of gaps.  However, I will certainly be checking out the website you suggested Christopher.
Thanks again,
Lola
I am sorry this email address is not working.

Offline plunquet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 02 October 06 22:20 BST (UK) »
I have been looking for my gggrandfather Charles Cornelius PLUNKET and while looking through a list of baptisms performed in Malta between 1801 and 1807 I found the baptism of Charles Francis PLUNKET so Charles and Harriet Plunkett followed a year later by his death.

However, I did also notice the baptism notice of Susanna PLUNKETT do Thomas and Susanna PLUNKETT Royal Artillery. The date is 29th August 1806. Is this your Thomas and Susanna and if so, is there any relationship to my Charles? From what we know about him he was described in a number of documents as being "of Waterford" but he spent quite a number of years in various continental armies. He was born, as far as we know, in about 1772 but we have no idea as to where he was born.

Hope this is of some help.

Hilary

Offline penne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 02 October 06 22:54 BST (UK) »
Yes Hilary,that is indeed my Thomas and Susannah.As for your family,I cannot be sure without checking,but will get back to you,when I first came back to NZ I met a lady whose Plunketts were on Malta at the same time as mine.Surely they knew each other!.She died a few months ago and as I wrote down her details a long time ago I cannot remember them.Arent these lesser Plunketts difficult?Doreen