Author Topic: PATTULLOs in Forfarshire  (Read 9280 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: PATTULLOs in Forfarshire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 July 08 22:54 BST (UK) »
This looks the most obvious entry for Helen:

HELEN BROWN PATTULLO  Birth on 15 MAR 1835/ Christening: 23 MAR 1835 in Mains And Strathmartine, Angus
Parents - WILLIAM PATTULLO and JANE KERR

1841:

William Patullo 45, weaver
Jean Patullo 45
Elisabeth Patullo 11
Helen Patullo    6
Helen Robertson 12

Address: Backmeier Of Duntrune, Dundee

1851:

Willm Patullo 56, Merchant (groceries), b. Laff, Forfar
Jean Patullo 58, b. Carmylie, Forfar
William Patullo 18, b. Moneifieth, Forfar
Helen Patullo 16, b. Mains, Forfar

Address: Backmuir Of Duntrune John Brown's House, Dundee

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline big red

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 July 08 23:05 BST (UK) »
You are a gem thanks for all that info  the Catherine in 1901 you mentioned was a McGregor she was brn aug 29 1869 stirling parents were Alexander McGregor and Susan Lindsay Catherine was my gt grandmother she died in 1947 in the Gorbals buried in Riddrie cem Glasgow  the alexander aged 6 was my grandad and his son Alexander is my dad I was looking through the Mitchell Library archives and found a picture of my grandad aged abt 8/10 it was a school photograph St Johns School  in calton  when I saw it I nearly fell off my chair as it is the spitting image of my older brother Alexander when he was about the same age. anyway thanks once more for all your help Looked at your recent post before I posted this I also saw this entry and wondered if this was my hellen dates fit so a possibility 

cheers big red :)

Offline big red

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 July 08 20:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks MonicaLesl for pointing me in the right direction I decided to also  have a look on Rootsweb and found my ggg grandparents Alex Mortimer and Mary Spalding from them I went back to a Samuel Mortimer and Helen Tarball circa 1678 Glamis these if my calculations are correct are my 8th gt grandparents funny enough I came across a Douglas Patullo Edwards born May 1914 died Jul 1988 he was on this family tree but cant see a connection to My gg gran Helen Patullo now  I have the bit between my teeth I will find out. Thanks for all your help  :)

Offline ChelleyS

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 17 August 15 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there, on the 1881 Census document, it shows Alexander and Helen have their Grandson James Spence age 2 living with them.  James is my Great Grandfather, his mother was Elizabeth Mortimer.  I am trying to find more information on him and his father, if you know any history, information etc. that may help please let me know  Thanks so much!!