Author Topic: Owen/Owens in Anglesey  (Read 46712 times)

Offline simon family tree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Owen/Owens in Anglesey
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 November 10 21:34 GMT (UK) »
hi think you all know sill new to this  but have it on family tree on my mothers side we have a richard owen born 1827  shoemaker  his  son was george owen 1851 and his son  richard was born1878 and  rosalie owen 1906   and on my fathers side a have elizabeth owen born about 1804 married thomas simons  but sill looking in to that one

Offline Liz75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 January 11 20:20 GMT (UK) »
My Great great grandmother was Ann Owen, born 1860 in Llanfihangel. She married Owen Rowlands in 1879.

I have drwan a blank and can find no birth records for Ann, so I can't trace her parents. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any information. Many thanks.

Offline Hughes17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 January 11 09:44 GMT (UK) »
I'm a decendent of Hugh Owen and Martha Owen, Hafarch, Llantrisant. I've had some trouble finding this family due to patronymics.

My direct ancestor was Edward Owen Hughes, the son of Hugh and Martha Owen. His sibblings Hugh, William, Elizabeth and Ann have retained Owen as a surname. However, the other brother Owen Hugh has become Owens.

Hey, it's all fun isn't it!!

Offline grace meowkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 March 11 11:31 GMT (UK) »
I'm the great great great grand daughter of Elizabeth Owen 1799 from Amlwch.  She married James Potter 1793 a copper smelter from St.Helens, Lancashire.  I haven't been able to find who Elizabeths parents were.  I know Elizabeth and James married at St.Eleths church, Amlwch in January 1821.  As you say there are so many possibles.

Offline stevebfc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 June 11 14:11 BST (UK) »
I'm also trying to sort out Owen from Llangefni.  In this particular case I have hit a brick wall with Benjamin Owen b. 1821 wife Elizabeth Griffith.  My tree is just a mass of all the Welsh names you can think of.  Their daughters were :- Catherine Owen b 1841 Llangefni, Elinor  b 1843, Jane 1861 and Elizabeth 1863.  Anybody recognise them?

Offline papercutter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 June 11 16:21 BST (UK) »
My G Grandmother was an Owen..Catherine Owen was the daughter of Richard and Jane Owen who lived in Llanfaethlu.She had at least one sister Rebeccah.Richard was a Labourer on my G Grandfathers farm..Catherine married my G Grandfather..Evan Parry in 1901.Being a newbie to this I am finding it hard going with so many Parry's and Owens on the Island  ;D

Offline raro20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 August 11 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hello all

Can I add my Owens from Amlwich!! Here goes:

4th G Grandparents, wait for it!! Owen Owens b1781c married Catherine Jones? b1779c  m1804c Llanfechell, Anglesey.

Had 2 children, one my 3 g Grandmother: Margaret Owens b 11/11/1809 Amlwich and wait for it!! Another Owen Owens b 27/6/1812 Amlwich.

Margaret married Robert Davies and Owen married Elizabeth Thomas.

Maybe one day we might all find at least one relative amoungst these Owens's :)

Regards to all

Linda

Offline Elsa-Mary

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 04 September 11 22:11 BST (UK) »
Papercutter, :)

I read your posting with interest-my exhusbands family Owens came from Llanfaethlu on Angelsey.
As far as I can remember part of the family ran the Inn ,I think it was the Black/Red Lion??  in Llanfaethlu, I was told -because their were so many Owen Owens,that part of the family just started using the name Williams !!
My daughter who lives in Caernarfon told me recently that a cousin of my ex who now lives in Portdinorwic has been doing family research,perhaps if you are interested and there maybe a family connection-I could try to find out  his address.
Good Luck it confused me years ago-lol :)
Lunt, Greenwood, Lancashire/Cheshire/N Ireland.
Taggart,Robinson,Bates. N Ireland
Roberts, Liverpool.
Amos, Mostyn, Flintshire.

Offline papercutter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 05 September 11 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Elsa-Mary...only just seen this now  :)The Black Lion is only 15 minutes walk from the old Farms in Llanfaethlu.Although it has been shut for years :( I havent come across any info connected with the pub yet...but I am still a newbie at this game  ;D There may be a connection somewhere  ;D