Author Topic: Belfast Street Directories  (Read 59824 times)

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: belfast street directory 1969
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 13 September 05 21:45 BST (UK) »
thanks anthony,
      i am sure they will be a great help, the person i am doing this for will be over the moon, she realy did'nt think she would get any further with her family but this will now give her some impetus to go further,
                                   thanks again ,
                                         kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 20:56 BST (UK) »
hi Anthony
 could you please tell me who was living at numbers 2, 4 and 6 forest street in 1900.

thanks Colette.

Hi

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 14 September 05 21:28 BST (UK) »
Thats the one Anthony, its my grt grandfather, he married mary lowry out of number 4 but when he married her he was living with his parents the mc canns at number 2.  and she was living with her mother and father and siblings at her granparents house number 4.  her grandfather john mullin died (sometime after 1901 as he was 70 in the 1901 census) my grandmother charlotte mccann was born in number 4 in 1906 so mary must have nipped next door to her grans to have her lol.  or maybe they were living in number 4 in 1906 and moved into number 6 after that. god my heads melted.

thanks so much anthony you are filling in the gaps rightly.
i told you they were all house hopping lol.

colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 22 September 05 18:58 BST (UK) »
hi scotsmum
i looked at the 1969 directory and i could only find one cavanagh
Bainesmore drive which leads to the shankill

number 2 Cananagh Fredk fitter       hope this helps, colette

teap78, after thanking you for this find and saying it wasn't one of mine, I have received info from an old death certificate and the informant was a Frederick, so, looks like it is a link after all.  ;D Funny how things can eventually tie-in.  It certainly pays to keep the 'just in case' pieces of info when doing a tree. So, thanks again.

Could someone try 8 Westland Street for me in any directories between  c1911-1948?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 22 September 05 19:39 BST (UK) »
 ;D im glad i could be of help dont ya just love it when a plan comes together? :D

colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 22 September 05 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 22 September 05 23:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Anthony. Another new name for me to search on (ie David) as well as more recent dates which I hadn't expected. If anything else turns up,  please post.

If not too much trouble, does the Fredk Cavanagh still appear at Bainesmore Drive in 1973 too?

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 22:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Anthony.
im Looking for doyle and mulholland  1894 to 1900 in 18 conway street, 110 raglan street and 104 raglan street.

thankyou colette

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 27 September 05 22:46 BST (UK) »
Could someone try 8 Westland Street for me in any directories between  c1911-1948? and if not too much trouble, does the Fredk Cavanagh still appear at Bainesmore Drive in 1973 too

Still interested in the above if anyone can check, thanks.