Author Topic: McQuade,s of Annan  (Read 5723 times)

Offline brandane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McQuade,s of Annan
« on: Sunday 22 October 06 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi looking for information on the following persons who were the children of Margaret McFarlane (born circa 1846) and Arthur McQuade  (born c1844-1848)in Annan and were the brothers and sisters of my gggrandmother Margaret Jane McQuade whom married Patrick Sharkey:

1. Arthur McQuade born c1864 and married Marie Rennie- had children Marie, Margaret , William, Maria,Alexander, Isabella, John McQuade, also two unamed male children and one unnamed female child.

2.James McQuade c1863.

3. John McQuade born 1865.

4.Joseph McQuade born 1867.

5.John James McQuade born 1871.

6.William McQuade born 1874 .

7.Mary McQuade c1876.

8. Adam McQuade born c1876.

9. Unnamed male born 1903.

Information that i have gleaned is that some of the above children were chimney sweeps to trade and also fishermen near Powfoot. I have also come across information related to an Elizabeth Ainsley (Ausley) having married an Arthur Mcquade and had a son James McQuade born 2nd Oct 1856. Was she the first wife of Arthur McQuade who was married to Margaret McFarlane?

The other names connected to the above  McQuades through marriage are:
Margaret Davidson
Janet Kirkpatrick
John Watson
Mary Laurie
Jemima Laurie
Mary Thompson Ferguson
Janet Hutton

Would love information on the above people.

Many thanks
Brandane
Sharkey/McQuade/McFarlan(e)/Quin or Queen/Steel/Baird/Welsh/Shannon/Crawford/Hutchinson/Ross/Conchie in Annan, Dumfriesshire, Carlisle and Ireland areas.

Offline Maggiemitch1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McQuade,s of Annan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 March 07 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brandane,
I think I may be able to help with your McQuades! I live in Dumfries and only recently started my family tree.  My grandfather's mother was an Isabella McQuade and I have managed to go quite far back on that side. Arthur McQuade c1844 married to Margaret McFarlane c1846, I have Arthurs mother and fathers names also the the 10 children that Arthur and Margaret have. If you would like more detailed info do not hesitate to get in touch

Kind Regards
Maggie
Horan, Healy in Lanarkshire & Ireland
McQuade, Thompson, Ferguson in Dumfriesshire
Clive, Dewar in Wigtownshire

Offline swales

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McQuade,s of Annan
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 December 07 19:45 GMT (UK) »
I am a descendant of Arthur Mcquade (b 1837) who m. Ann Elizabeth Ainsley who lived in Dumfries. Is he any relation to your Mcquades? If so, I would be interested in any information you have of the family.