Author Topic: CHAMBERLAIN Brutton/Cadbury  (Read 18950 times)

Offline narissa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CHAMBERLAIN Brutton/Cadbury
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 11 July 10 05:13 BST (UK) »
Hi from Australia,

I see that you list the Frape family in your surname register. I am a descendant of John Frape. He was from Gloucestershire (is there a place called Noad - the immigration record looked like that??) the son of John Frape - deceased in 1857 when John immigrated -  and Hannah. John did quite well for himself in Australia. I have been able to trace no further back than this. Anyone got any information on a John & Hannah Frape?????  Narissa
Phelps of Gloucestershire; Kendalls of London; Cartwrights - coal miners -  Staffordshire; Bartley - the mysterious Adam; Goodwins of Cheadle, Staffordshire; O'Brien family arr 1839 in Oz from Ireland; First Fleeter William Roberts and his wife Kezia Brown; convict James Gough from Herefordshire and Ann Cain; Baines family incl George Powell Baines s.o. James and Esther nee Anderson; James Henri Brown Spearing, the Tinn & Clinton Families; Frape of Gloucs;  Fereday & Fowell; Donaldson;Whitehouse

Offline Poolermad

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 31 December 11 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My gg grandfather was William Chamberlain, born about 1829 in North Cadbury and married Elizabeth Mills from North Barrow, where they lived and had eleven children. The eldest of whom was Charles Chmberlain who married Jane Harvey from Ditcheat and had my grand mother Beatice born in Castle Cary. I don't know any details of his mother or father.
Let me know if this is of any interest
.JM
I think we have the same Grand Parents please can you message me

Offline LCox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Chamberlains
« Reply #29 on: Friday 29 May 15 13:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Charmaine

Thank you for responding - I had begun to think I was the only Chamberlain descendant left !!!!

I have not yet found a Flora Chamberlain, but the date of her birth suggests she would perhaps be daughter or cousin of one of my gt grandfather Henry's siblings / uncles.  If your husband knows either of Flora's parents names I could probably establish a link - I don't think North Cadbury was so big in the late 1800's!
My gt gt grandfather was George Chamberlain, married to Martha (Reade) they had Arthur, (Henry), Alice, Caroline, Elizabeth, Jane, Sarah John and Walter.

George's parents were Walter & Elizabeth and they had (George) Thomas, William, John, Mary, Edith and Frances.  So there is plenty of potential for some living ancestors !

If you have any other bits 'n bobs pease let me know and I'll do some digging.
Regards
Diane
CHAMBERLAIN

Offline LCox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 29 May 15 13:09 BST (UK) »
Diane, Re Chamberlain.  Not sure if I'm typing this reply in the right place - this website is confusing to use, also your post was years ago so you may have moved on.  However, my great-great-great grandparents were also Walter and Elizabeth, then George & Martha Chamberlain of North Cadbury, followed by John Alfred and Amy Blanche.  Regards LOUISE
CHAMBERLAIN

Offline JohannaD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 05 February 17 23:31 GMT (UK) »
HELLO THERE,FASCINATING TO READ THE CORRESPONDENCE RE THE CHAMBERLAINS. MY HUSBAND IS A GGG GRANDSON OF JOHANNA CHAMBERLAIN (1790-1862) DAUGHTER OF GEORGE (1763-1843) AND MARY MARSHAND WIFE OF JAMES BEARE, I HAVE MANAGED TO TRACE BACK TO RICHARD (1535-1585) AND ALICE BUT HAVE YET NOT BEEN ABLE TO OBTAIN ANY BMD CERTS OF ANY CHAMBERLAINS. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP
LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM ANYONE WITH ANY CONNECTIONS
BRENDA

Hi Brenda - I am also a descedent of George Chamberlain &  Mary Marshand through their son William Chamberlain (married Sarah Western).  My maiden name was Johanna Chamberlain

Offline LCox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 06 February 17 04:06 GMT (UK) »
HELLO THERE,FASCINATING TO READ THE CORRESPONDENCE RE THE CHAMBERLAINS. MY HUSBAND IS A GGG GRANDSON OF JOHANNA CHAMBERLAIN (1790-1862) DAUGHTER OF GEORGE (1763-1843) AND MARY MARSHAND WIFE OF JAMES BEARE, I HAVE MANAGED TO TRACE BACK TO RICHARD (1535-1585) AND ALICE BUT HAVE YET NOT BEEN ABLE TO OBTAIN ANY BMD CERTS OF ANY CHAMBERLAINS. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP
LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM ANYONE WITH ANY CONNECTIONS
BRENDA

Hi Brenda - I am also a descedent of George Chamberlain &  Mary Marshand through their son William Chamberlain (married Sarah Western).  My maiden name was Johanna Chamberlain
\

Yep, this is still the worst, confusing website I have ever used.  No idea if I am typing this in the right place or not.  Brenda, if you are out there, let me know and I will attempt a reply to you re Chamberlain in North Cadbury connections.  Thanks! LOUISE CHAMBERLAIN-COX 
CHAMBERLAIN

Offline jessielloyd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 30 September 17 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi from Australia,

Just finding out my family connection with the Chamberlain line, what an interesting discussion here! Just to add, my gr gr grandmother was Mary Jane Lloyd (nee Chamberlain). Her parents Elias and Eleanor Chamberlain.

Anyway, there was previous talk of cousins marrying. I think we're talking about Walter 1787-1865 and Frances Chamberlain 1793-1817 (nee Chamberlain), who's son was Ambrose Chamberlain born 1816.

Well I've stumbled across Ambrose's journey here in Oz... at the age of 20 Ambrose was a single man living in Bath, Somerset and caught committing the crime of stealing shirts on the 4th of July 1836. He was sentenced to 7 years as a convict to Australia arriving on the ship Norfolk 5 . After serving his time he was given freedom on the 20th Sept 1843.

Described as being ruddy and freckled, he married Mary Doyle in 1852 in Qeanbeyan, New South Wales and died in 1900. Buried at the Bungendore Cemetery.

Must visit next time I pass through.

Jess