Author Topic: CHAMBERLAIN Brutton/Cadbury  (Read 18955 times)

Offline Stephen12

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CHAMBERLAIN Brutton/Cadbury
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 July 07 17:32 BST (UK) »
Diane & Angelcake,

I met Sam Miller several years ago.  He has a wealth of information and is a wonderful person.  We have corresponded several times.  My desktop computer is out of order at the present.  It has all my data on Chamberlains including those linked and an Excel file with over 150 marriages and 250 births that are linked into families as far as I could go, but not in my Chamberlain genealogy at the present.

I have done DNA testing with two Chamberlains around North Cadbury and three in the US.  This testing confirms my parish record work in the Taunton Archives.  When I get my computer working next week, I will look at your names and see what I can find.  Hopefully, we can help each other with the family.

Regards,

Stephen

Offline Stephen12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 July 07 19:13 BST (UK) »
Diane & Angelcake,

Here goes with my data on your lineage.  All are North Cadbury, Somerset.  Going back from Elias Chamberlain and Ellen Eleanor A'Court, Elias' dates are 1837-1879.  Ellen's are 1843-1922.  Elias' parents were Ambrose 1798-1863 and Sylvia Baker 1806-1873.  Ambrose's parents were Jeremiah 1745-1808 and Jane Lamb 1758-1836.  Jeremiah's parents were Ambrose 1718-1750 and Elizabeth Shaw.  Ambrose's parents were Ambrose 1682-1741 and Jane.  Ambrose's parents were John 1628-? and Eme Baker 1637-?.  John's parents were John 1601-1678 and Joan d 1653.  John's parents were Richard 1570-? and Agnes Chessock. 
Richard's parents were Richard 1535-1585 and Alice died 1585.

Let's look at Walter, who was born in 1789 in North Cadbury.  His parents were Thomas 1754 and Elizabeth.  Thomas' parents were William 1722 and Johanna Fox.  William's parents were Ambrose 1682, etc to Richard-1535.

I don't have my latest unlinked Chamberlain file, so I can't go foward from Ambrose-1837.  I have a weath of information as you can see. but am uncomfortable sharing it this way.  I hope this helps both of you.  Any questions?

Regards,

Stephen

Offline diane14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 July 07 21:21 BST (UK) »
Stephen

Crumbs you have done well !!!  Thanks so much for this info.  I do have quite a lot to back down the line to the more recent times.  Are you on 'Genes Reunited' with the chamberlain name ? If you are I can give you a private email address and can send you some info too.

Diane
Turpin Essex
Harvey Southminster Essex
Challis Essex
Chamberlain North Cadbury Somerset
Knight, Hampshire
Goodchild Hampshire

Offline Stephen12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 July 07 23:41 BST (UK) »

diane,
I am on aol.
regards,
stephen

Offline BRH47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 July 07 06:19 BST (UK) »
Hi There My grandfather was a John Joseph D Chamberlain born 1884 Exeter married emily Freeman 1907. This is all the information I can him have look in BMD census etc. Could you please look and see if there is a link between you Chamberlain's and John Joseph. Thanks

Offline Stephen12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 20 July 07 16:58 BST (UK) »
Good morning,
My unlinked Chamberlains in and around North Cadbury cover christenings between 1541 and 1905 and marriages between 1544 and 1904.  The are light in the later years.  If your links come into the line along this time, I would love you help in working on the unlinked names.  Maybe with you help we could decrease the number significantly.
Stephen.  I have a two year old photo of the North Cadbury house in which my great grandfather was born in in 1823.
Stephen

Offline diane14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 22 July 07 19:02 BST (UK) »
Dear BRH47

Hi, at the moment my Chamberlains are completely stuck in North Cadbury Somerset, apart from one who managed to get to Porstmouth.  So no-one on Exeter just yet, but I will keep a note of your man and see if anything links up in the future.

Diane
Turpin Essex
Challis Essex
Knight, Hampshire
Goodchild Hampshire

Offline diane14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 22 July 07 19:10 BST (UK) »
Dear BRH47

Hi, at the moment my Chamberlains are completely stuck in North Cadbury Somerset, apart from one who managed to get to Porstmouth.  So no-one on Exeter just yet, but I will keep a note of your man and see if anything links up in the future.

Diane
Turpin Essex
Challis Essex
Knight, Hampshire
Goodchild Hampshire

Offline diane14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 22 July 07 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Stephen

Just a quick note in reply to yours, I'm having a few days off next week so I'll get my records together and send you my info - It is nothing as comprehensive as yours, but even if I can give you one link it may help.

Will speak soon
Diane

Turpin Essex
Challis Essex
Knight, Hampshire
Goodchild Hampshire