Author Topic: The MOORES of Limavady  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Dawn n'Roger

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The MOORES of Limavady
« on: Wednesday 25 October 06 15:46 BST (UK) »
We are looking for the family of John Moore (1882) and Matilda Jane Moore (1890) there were married circa 1906 and had seventeen children.  Matilda may also have been known as Tillie.
Places remembered are Dogleap Farm just outside Limavady (White Hill).  Row Mill School.
We have come to a complete stop with our researching and any help would be appreciated.  With Thanks
Ashby, Tapping, Almond, Hunt, Luttman.
Garlick, Harvey.
Stacey, Mortimer, Smith (Goring), Coates
Moore

Offline rhubarb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: The MOORES of Limavady
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 November 06 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

possible churces around that area are tamlaghtfinlaggen  (in ballykelly) which is the most likely as a lot of moores are showing up on the familysearch website,

The Roe Mill rd is in that area,

do you know any of the childrens names?
warner/denney/spendlove/gyfor/gyford/elsey/kirk/magee/mcgee/
Hunter/morrison

Offline bonzodog82!

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 December 16 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Just found this website.
Have you had any development ? My great grandmother was Matilda Moore from Limavady. Will check with my dad re further details

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 December 16 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :) The original poster hasn't been online since 2011 but lots of new information is now online so we'll try to help if you let us know what you have and what you are stuck on.

John Moore & Matilda Moore married 1906 Christ Church (Church of Ireland) in Limavady- her residence Roemill Road and his Termacoyle townland.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1906/10142/5690245.pdf

Matilda's family in Terrydremond North in 1901-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Fruithill/Terrydremond_North/1525362

John & Matilda in 1911 with 2 sons-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/The_Highlands/Largy/593828

Possibly John Moore in 1901 (there are others but this is R.C. as in 1911)-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Faughanvale/Coolagh/1522312
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline afbwalsh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 11 August 22 21:28 BST (UK) »
Hello,
My friend, Francis Gerard Moore, born Aug 8, 1963 in Windsor Ontario, is looking for any family.

His father was Patrick Moore born January 29, 1918 Limavady, Co. Derry, N. Ireland
Mother Mary Elizabeth Robertson born November 10, 1922 Hope St, Anderston, Glasgow.

They were married November 6, 1942 at St. Patrick's Church, Glasgow.
Witnesses were Duncan MacDougall, 44 Arlington St. Glagow and
Georgina Coyle, 681 Argyle St. Glasgow.

They emigrated to Windsor, Ontario, date unknown at this moment.

His Paternal Grandparents were John Moore, Labourer, Termcoyle Fava/Lemvale (sp?) and Matilda Moore (nee Moore)  born (Roehill Rd, Kavady), of 16 Douglas St. Glasgow, married November 20, 1906 district of Limavady. Apparently they had 22 children, 10 of which I have found so far:

John, Sept 27, 1907
Thomas, July 27, 1909
Michael Jan 14, 1912
William James, March 26, 1914
Samuel, May 14, 1915
Matilda Jane, May 22, 1916
Twins - Bridget May, Jan 28, 1918 late in the day,
           Patrick, Jan 19, 1918 early in the day
Annie Elizabeth, May 1, 1919
Robert Alexander, July 27, 1920

His Maternal Grandparents were James Robertson, Labourer and Mary Robertson (nee Byrne)

Frank, Francis Gerard Moore, now resides outside Sarnia, Ontario.
His mother Mary Elizabeth Moore (nee Robertson) died when he was 8 years old, approximately 1971
and his father, Patrick Francis Moore, died April 2, 1985

He would love to hear from or meet any of his relatives from Ireland, Glasgow, Canada, anywhere since he was the only child and lost his parents at such a young age.

Please contact me at *
Thank you.

*Moderator comment: personal email address removed in accordance with RootsChat general guidance to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thank you

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 August 22 07:11 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 August 22 08:12 BST (UK) »
Well done -  Kiltiglassen!!!
This may or may not help as there are a lot of Moore famillies in the area.
From the Strabane & Derry Council - Derry city Cemetery - Online lookup.
Robert Moore -parents-William & Elizabeth Moore. born-Limavady.age10.death-21.5.1905.buried-23.5.1905.prprietor-Robert Hutchinson.
&
From a birth extract from another of my lines of interest in area as additional information [and i cannot find it!] -
William Marshall of Roemill rd[carpenter].m.Annie Moore with daughter Elizabeth Moore Marshall.b.15.10.1901Roemill road, Limavady.   

Cheers
Jack Gee            

CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 12 August 22 09:24 BST (UK) »

From a birth extract from another of my lines of interest in area as additional information [and i cannot find it!] -
William Marshall of Roemill rd[carpenter].m.Annie Moore with daughter Elizabeth Moore Marshall.b.15.10.1901Roemill road, Limavady.   

For others reading, here's the link to the birth from IrishGenealogy, Jack

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1901/01936/1749175.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo