Author Topic: Reynolds, Kent  (Read 3075 times)

Offline mike reynolds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reynolds, Kent
« on: Monday 30 October 06 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Anyone have any info on the Reynolds family in Kent before 1850?
I am tracing back from Henry Reynolds born in Canterbury 1829, married in 1868 at Richmond to Lucy Culliford from Chilthorne nr Yeovil.
Henry's father was probably a John Reynolds born 1806 of which there were four Johns' born in that year in Kent. The most likely match is a John who lived in Hougham near Dover.
The 1841 and 1851 Census info suggests that John was a victualler and may have run the Half Moon P/H in Hougham.

Thanks in advance for any offerings.

Mike

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline emilyandrosiesmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Reynolds, Kent
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 March 09 20:26 GMT (UK) »
my great grandfather Henry William James Styles born 1874 Sandwich married Ellen Jane Reynolds born 1874 . Her father was William Reynolds, i think.  Any relation to you? I have not really looked into this branch of family so would welcome any info you have

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline robrey50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Reynolds, Kent
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 September 14 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hi I have just found this.

Our Son is doing our Tree and has quite a lot of info about the Reynolds in Kent.Contact me at robrey@xtra.co.nz.

Robert Reynolds(New Zealand)
Reynolds.Parkinson , Warrington