Author Topic: School in Loppington 1850,s  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Cher4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
School in Loppington 1850,s
« on: Monday 30 October 06 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi does anyone know if there was a primary school in Loppington in 1850,s, would it possibly be attached to the church. I have tried to google but cant seem to get the info i want.

thank you

Cher

Offline s.g.d.

• RootsChat Senior
  • THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF SHROPSHIRE
    • View Profile
Re: school in Loppington 1850,s
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 October 06 19:12 GMT (UK) »
hello Cher

Mary Ebrey was listed as mistress of the National School,Loppington in Slater's directory in 1858.

a James Clorley of Loppington is also listed in the Academies and schools section.

s.g.d.

Offline Allie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 October 06 19:32 GMT (UK) »

Hi Cher,

I just checked out the 1851 census and found the same information as s.g.d.
James Clorley was schoolmaster and his wife schoolmistress.

How is your Cooke research going?
I still cannot get mine away from Myddle.

Allie
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Shropshire research interests: Betton, Boliver, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Griffiths, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Rogers, Weston, Wilson

Offline Cher4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 October 06 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allie thank you for the info didnt think to check to census. My research is going well mine originate from Ellesmere a few stayed there but my mums side went to Wolverley hall. The hall is still there and i wrote to the present owners and they replied with a bit of info and sent me pictures, my parents went to see it also in June. It also seemed many of the Cooke,s stayed in Shropshire in various places at least until early 1900,s but non as far as i know went to Mydle.

Cher

Offline Schonerhirt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: School in Loppington 1850,s
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 January 15 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Very interested in your post. I am searching for all the Cooke family in Loppington and Wem (as well as Whitchurch) and have found several in the area - also in Alkington and Wolverley Hall (our relatives). We recently moved to the area ourselves and I'm really keen to find family matches
Cooke (Shropshire) Edwards (Cheshire), Pallett (Bucks/Beds), Wood (Derby) Hogg (Preston), Alker (Preston), Ferguson (Ireland), Woods (Preston)