Author Topic: Limerick.Galbally and more  (Read 14476 times)

Offline lilyoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick.Galbally and more
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 December 10 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,
I am trying to track down Moloneys or McGraths related to the Vallences from this area.  Do you have any information regarding the Vallences. I have some going back to George Vallence married to Hanora Maloney b c 1800 but unable to find any of his siblings.
Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Lil
Vallence, Vallens,

Offline merrick7

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 December 10 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Letty
          If you go to www.igp-web.com/tipperary/index.htm and go to Graveyards and into Kilaldriffe which is in Bansha parish you will find a headstone - Erected by John marnane of Cappagh in memory of his father Edmond Marnane who died April 11 1873 aged 82 also his mother Mary alias Merrick who died November 5 1866 aged 52 also Elizebeth Marnane died 31 October 1980 . Maybe these are your Marnanes .  Hope this helps
                                             P.J.

Offline bialann

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 May 12 14:13 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old thread , I happened across it looking for something else, but if anyone is still short of leads, I know the area . The Vallences are still in this area . If anyone is in a position to visit Galbally go to frasers pub, ask for Henry and what he doesn't know himself ( which is very little) he will always know what direction to point anyone in. plus the pub itself is a legend. The local people are full of knowledge and information is greatly available.

Offline louiseanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 July 13 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Letty,
I am interested in tracking down rellies of Timothy Fitzgerald from Galbally who came to Australia in the late 1850s
Cheers, Louise

Offline IrishDescent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Letty!  I saw your post about John Cunningham and Johanna Daly.  My 2nd great greatfather was Patrick Cunningham and HE was married to Johanna Daly!  My great grandfather also had her maiden name as her middle name (Cornelius Daly Cunningham).