Author Topic: mcclinton family  (Read 25965 times)

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mcclinton family
« Reply #27 on: Monday 25 July 11 22:11 BST (UK) »
the mclintock and caskie both stayed in maybole.govan. i think all of them followed each other about the places. my family starts for me with robert brown married esther and they had 7 kids and where all born slacks grove monaghan ireland. so 1 of there sons joseph brown married margaret caskie and they had 5 kids and 1 of there sons joseph brown married elizabeth mclintock and they had 1 child. william brown he married mary carruth buchanan and they had 6 kids and 1 of there sons was william brown who was my grandfather

so before margaret caskie married joseph brown she was married to james fitszimmons and they had 1 daughter maggie fitszimmons who married richard mclintock.so richard mclintock was elizabeth mclintock fathers brother or son.so anyway on a census i have william is staying with the mclintock age 15 and maggie is with them as well.

robert brown moved to usa but i dont think all his family went as well as joseph brown married in girvan to margaret caskie. another 1 of his sons married in ireland. and 1 daughter married in the usa. and i have all her family right up to the present day.

e

brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline lostgirl19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 10 March 13 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I just read your post mentioning Machan Road. Could you tell me where this is? I am looking for a link to my Maternal G-G-Grandmother Grace Machan whose family was apparently very well-to-do. I was wondering if this road was named after this wealthy family at the time. Her family would have been in the UK (Bourstwick, Yorkshire) around 1812 but the family may have come from Ireland...I have no clue...
Thanks!

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 17 March 13 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I just read your post mentioning Machan Road. Could you tell me where this is? I am looking for a link to my Maternal G-G-Grandmother Grace Machan whose family was apparently very well-to-do. I was wondering if this road was named after this wealthy family at the time. Her family would have been in the UK (Bourstwick, Yorkshire) around 1812 but the family may have come from Ireland...I have no clue...
Thanks!

hi i think machan road is in lanarkshire scotland as all my family most are in scotland never had any yet in england

brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol