Author Topic: James Downing RUNNALLS  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
James Downing RUNNALLS
« on: Wednesday 01 November 06 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have been researching the Runnalls family from Penzance and have come up against a brick wall with James Downing Runnalls born about 1864. His father was James Runnalls but I can't find his mother. As his middle name is Downing I assume that this was his mother's surname. I now think he was illigitimate and have searched everywhere for his birth.
I have his marriage and death certificates.

I found him in the 1871 census living with his great uncle John Kelynack and also in the 1881 census with the same family.
Can any one help me solve this mystery? I have looked on the West Penwith website, LDS and also contacted the Parish Chest who suggested I join Roots chat.com
Sorry this is very long winded but as my I.D Rabid dog suggests, I never give up.
Please can anyone help
Rabid dog
Woodford, Runnalls, Wakefield, Clarke, Smith, Houghton, Nash. Leicester, Billesdon, Tillingham Essex, Bethnel Green

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Downing RUNNALLS
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat :)
I wonder if his birth is under the name of James Downing? There are a few that might fit http://freebmd.rootsweb.com This has happened to me I search for a good six months for birth of Frederick Pallent and Rootschat found his birth Frederick Nunn under mother's maiden name! He is on census as Pallent and marriage certificate.
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi irret
Thanks for such a quick reply I will definately check out the website you mentioned. Indeed he could be registered under Downing. I will let you know what I find

Rabid dog
Woodford, Runnalls, Wakefield, Clarke, Smith, Houghton, Nash. Leicester, Billesdon, Tillingham Essex, Bethnel Green

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 November 06 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I was wondering if there were any records that might have been kept regarding bastardy bonds? this might be another way to trace James's mother.

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 November 06 23:08 GMT (UK) »
I'm sure there are but I'm afraid it is something that I know little  about but will start digging... I suggest you make a new post with this request - please please keep me posted if you should find anything. I'm sure you will get there in the end. :)
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 November 06 23:31 GMT (UK) »
DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE SEEN THIS JAMES DOWNING RUNNALLS B 1864 CORNAWALL http://www.pebblett-world.com/14.html

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 November 06 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 ;D yes that is my website. how funny

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 03 November 06 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have looked at the links you suggested apart from my own site :)
and all give useful information. I supose I am expecting too much for it to jump out and hit me on the head

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile